winterizing

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

David Butler

Reaction score
I need some advice on winterizing motor with 10% ethanol fuel. Currently have two four stroke Suzuki engines a 9.9Hp on my small boat and a 115 HP on the large boat both have fuel/water separator filter in there fuel lines. Normally I would add stabilizer in the tank (run it all season as a rule) and fog the engine and cylinders.

I was thinking in addition to fuel additive in fuel tank maybe I should remove fuel/water separator filter and run engine out of fuel then fog cylinders.

This ethanol fuel is driving me crazy with all the bad stuff I hear about it.

Thanks in advance

Davey

Do a Google search on this, It "ain't real pretty". I understand completely draining the tank is best, 90-95% (room to expand a little = full) with stabilizer is second best. It looks like you have a large tank with duals, so this is tougher. The issue here is that it can phase separate as the ethanol will absorb water causing the lower layer to be water, top layer fuel. This stuff is just not designed to be sitting around unused. Fortunately I can still get real gas in a station here so far.

I just re-read your post- I thought you had a Center Cconsole with duals. I'd personally would just use the gas and up put the leftover in your truck, and treat as you would with reg fuel. For Mercs there are winterizing instructions on their web site, probably the same for your Suzies. Then there is nothing much for you to worry about.

Back