Winter Fishing

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cq

Reaction score
OK, I am ready for this stuff (heavy wet snow) to leave town so I can get back on the lake. Looks better after next week.

cq

Fished with Carlos yesterday in sleet, snow, rain and finally some sun. Just pull up your big girl panties and get out there!!!:lol::lol::lol::lol:

My damn spinnerbait just lays there on the ice:huh::lol:

Okay Tox - were you and CIII fishing the hotside? Don't know if that counts since the water is still pretty warm :lol: Now if you were on the Potomac, that would be impressive, especially given the winds! :p:D

Oh, we were on the Potomac all right. We have been on the Crappie for about a month. I've got a good bunch of fillets in the freezer. Tried to net shad for a catfish trip and pushed skim ice around in the back of a creek a week ago. We have a call into Bill right now to try the hotside tomorrow.

This was Saturday.

Opps, obviously Rich hasn't fixed the pic upload problem yet......Follow the link to see.
http://www.bbcboards.net/potomac-bass-club/321191-potomac-fishing-29-december-2012-a.html

Tox, what electronics does Carlos have on his boat at the console? I'm due for an upgrade this Spring and want to check out side imaging.

Lowrance HDS 8 on the dash, 7 on the bow I think...I'm never up there!! I watch the console graph fine from the rear deck. Both are interlinked and he has down imaging. I have found the benefit to the larger units as being able to run different applications at once giving different perspectives. The only thing I would do is mount a dedicated unit in the dash for GPS with a separate transducer.

I have an 8 Gen 2 on the console and a 8 Gen 1 on the front. All networked up.

Have fuel flow, external temp for the water, external temp for the air, side scan, 4 K GPS puck, and engine adapter on the network.

If I strike it rich or do a good job saving, I will move the HDS8 gen 2 to the front and get a HDS touch 9 for the console.

All the HDS has it's own internal antenna and you can switch back and forth or set it up as you want to.

Shoot me an email or a facebook message if you want any more information on my setup.

Thanks Carlos. I need to decide in a few months which way to go. My LCX-26chd is coming out for sure. I've always had Lowrance and was thinking of checking out the Humminbirds.

Just trying to see if I can upload again. If successful, this was the sleet, snow and rain day on the Potomac.

Potomac.jpg.jpg

Bob

I like how simple the Lowrance menus and navigation are compared to HB. I know..this is HIGHLY debatable.....HB makes a good product, but my preference is Lowrance....

Tox - Carlos

Did you guys make it to the hot side?

Steve

Steve,

Nope, messaged Bill but he must be out of town or something. Didn't hear back. Still on the docket for sometime in the near future.

That looks like mid May weather to me :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oM4677nj2ko Love the winter. One last DD for the year in the Z7.

We'll i'm back, and heading out Sunday, going to have to find my thermals, gloves and insulated coveralls, it will be a blistering 53 degree's here on Sunday, BRRRRRR :)

I'm going out tomorrow. Got the ice auger all sharpened and ready to drill some holes. :angry: I hate hard water but, I love to fish so that's the price I pay. LOL

Gene

47 yesterday and some clouds, two of lake trout with fly rod using small marshmallows as strike indicator. Good eating. (The trout cause I hate marshmallows.)

cq:)

Latest posts

Back