Winter Boat Storage

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mebassn

Reaction score
Quick question,

After completing the winterizing and prepping the boat for storage inside (unheated). Can I just leave the battery charger (guest 3 bank) connected and let it run all winter or should I remove the batteries and bring them into the house. In the past I have not had the electricity available to run the charger so I did bring them in.

Thanks

Eric H.

Ditto to what Toxic said. I disconnect everything from the main battery except the charger and leave it plugged in all winter. Make sure your water levels are topped off too. My batteries are original after 5 years and I've always left them in the boat. And it's like the frozen tundra here in the winter!!

Bob G.

Don't forget to vacume very well. Those left over nacho chips and Nibs crackers will bring the mice in. Been there and done that. Nothing worse that mouse poop, except where they chew up the carpet where someone spilled a coke a cola.

fatrap

Thanks guys, I'll pull all the leads off of the batteries and let them charge in the boat.

Eric H.

and I have 2 boxes of moth balls to keep the critters out

Latest posts

Back