Winning stringer at Hartwell last weekend - what a load

• Thread starter John Astrello [IMG]http://www.zjstech.net/~library
  • Start date
Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Texas Transplant

Reaction score
Saw this on a local board I participate in. Results of a team tournament on Lake Hartwell this past week.

On day 1, over 30 limits were weighed with some really strong weights. Tournament favorites Andy Montgomery and Brian Thrift brought 15.93 pounds to the scales to take the day 1 lead. Nipping right on their heals were Brian Hoyle and Scott Dorris with 15.84 pounds. The weights remained tight all through the standings.

Everyone was tight lipped and would not give any hint as to what was going on, but anyone who knows either team knew the fish were eating a jig. Everyone knew going into day 2 that it could be a jig shoot out between the top two. Boy were we all wrong. As team after team came to scales and fell short, rumors were circulating of a big bag coming to the scales.

Brian and Scott brought 5 bass to the scales that weighed 26.49 pounds with a 7.53 pound big bass! This was enough to win by nearly 14 pounds! They told the large crowd at the weigh in that they had all their fish off one stump and rock in a creek by 7:30 and of course, they all came on a jig. They finished with a total of 10 fish, 42.33 pounds and earned $6,560.

That's a pretty productive 2 days fishing.

Tex
Hartwell%20Bag_11162003.jpg

When you catch almost 27lbs by 7:30 am, what the heck do you do for the rest of the day?

Heck i'd be happy with 2.7lbs by 7:30am or ANY day with my luck these days!! MAN I need to fish!

Wait a minute.....

Hartwell?????

Michael..... Isn't tht where Rich took us?????

We sure didn't see any fish that size.....

EXCEPT for the one that blew up on and missed your buzzbait a couple of times!

I think he was actually just a bit larger!

Latest posts

Back