WIndshield Woes

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ron Perry

Reaction score
ok guys, I have a 2001 188 sport, and I want to have shorter windhields on the driver and passenger sides and have no center piece. I do not want to modify the original windshield, I would like to have it for the early spring and fall when the weather is cooler. The reason for my wanting to have shorter windshields in that most mornings at take off, my windshields are all covered with due from the temps and humidity here in Illinois, and it is uncomfortable not being able to see what might be floating in the river in front of you at 50 mph. Plus it would be less wind resistance when pulling the boat and trailer down the highway to and from all the tournaments I fish.

So what I am trying to find out is how to get the bottom frame rail of the stock windshield so I can have a windshield made the way I want it. My dealer says that tracker will not sell just the bottom frame rail, and would not tell him what company makes the windshields for this boat. CAN anyone help me get this informtion, PLEASE????

I know someone here on this message board should be able to help me, you guys are great. THanks.

Ron

Don't have any suggestions that directly answer your question, but do have a suggestion for one of the problems.

Clean you windshield really well, then apply two coats, per the instructions, of Rain-X. I've been using it on my cars for years, and have started putting it on the boats windshield. Doesnt' work quite as well on plexi as it does regular car windows, but it still helps. It will help clear up the dew and junk off of your windsheild. Specially after you get her up on plane and stretched out. Give it a shot.

And if you are not using it on your tow vehicle, try it. I put it on all of the windows, not just the front one.

Tex

Water Bonnet Mfg Inc

350 Anchor Rd

Casselberry, FL 32707

407-831-2122

Fax: 407-831-5069

THanks Guys, I can't wait to make my new shorter windshield and take it and make my dealer's new service man kiss my @ss!!!LOL

Latest posts

Back