Williamsburg, VA

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mark Hofman

Reaction score
Is it worth the effort to take a spinning rod and reel with me to Williamsburg, VA next week? I've never been there and don't know if there are lakes or ponds around that can be fished easily, either early in the morning or in the evenings between dinner and dusk.

MOFish,

I live in Williamsburg. There are lakes here, but fishing from the bank is not so great. Where in Williamsburg are you staying and what days will you be here? Let me know and maybe I can get away and take you out on the boat for a few hrs.

Mark

If you happen to be staying at Powatan Plantation I suggest you take bait caster!!! There are some hogs in those ponds. Last Spring I caught 3 over 8lbs one in each pond, and several over 5 and 6lbs!

No pics, it was hereay.......

I am goign to be in New Mexico..will miss ya!! Sorry man!!

Gunny,

You using an military scale on 'dem fish man? Calibrated by a NASA tech to be dead on balls accurate? :lol::lol::lol:

All the best,

Glenn

Actually, we ARE staying at the Powatan Plantation! My wife and I arrive Saturday night and are staying for a week. She wants to hit all the historic sites, and I am on a mission to visit Kitty Hawk, North Carolina (big aviation nut).

What baits should I stow in a smaller pocket tackle bag for those ponds Gunny? How much will a visitor's license cost me?

Senko's are all you need to bring. Try to get up to the new Air & Space museum near Dulles Airport. You will absolutly love it. If you want to make it a day trip let me know, I've got plenty of bedrooms, it's worth the drive. Check out the link below. I tried to get Mac and Neeley out there the last time they were here but they went to Quantico with Carlos to see the 1000 yard range....gun nuts you know:p

TOXIC
http://www.nasm.si.edu/udvarhazy/

I concur with Tox's comment. I think you will be disappointed at Kitty Hawk. They have two large quonset hut buildings and is NOTHING compared to the new facility at Air & Space.

Thanks, Tox. We aren't planning a side trip to D.C. next week, but I have to travel out to Baltimore and D.C. November 13-15 (and possibly the 16th). I may try to stretch the work stuff out so I have time to see some sights, including the museum at Dulles. I won't have the missuz along with me. Mayb we could meet each other over a beer or cup of coffee somewhere. I'd love to meet Carlos too if he's around. I am a BIG gun nut myself.

Bill, the trip to Kitty Hawk is mainly so I can say I've been there. From what I've read it's a mound of sand with a monument and two huts, but I want to stand on the spot where aviation took off. It was the same for standing over the U.S.S. Arizona - my birthday is December 7 so I had to go pay respects at least once in my life. The drive down the coast along the outer banks is also something I want to do.

I think I am TAD the week of the 16th...that one may be canxed though.......keep us up to date and maybe can meet somewhere for dinner or something!

If you're near Williamsburg, don't forget to visit wild and wonderful Barhamsville! All the guys who live around there can tell you how great it is.:huh:

Uncle Billy (Barham)

Carlos,

It must be rough to have to change your name every so often just so you can run out and see the world! I find it's difficult to remember my own name when I'm on the road.

:lol:

HAHAHA You are too funny! Same name for me!! (well most of the time...quiet hammer!!)

The trip to D.C. and Baltimore is set. Arrive the evening of the 12th (Monday) at Reagan and don't see myself in meetings that evening. Will probably get the rental car, find the hotel and just kick back.

One meeting right now on the 13th, in the afternoon, and will probably be working through that evening. My day on the 14th is booked solid. Then I fly out of Reagan at 7 pm on the 15th but have no meetings scheduled that day (yet).

BTW - Williamsburg was a blast.

Latest posts

Back