Will it ever stop..My poor Z6 facelift

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

greg plunkett

Reaction score
On my 2011 Z6 i have added a hds5 w/gps on a ram mount bow and next to the console. i did get the 24v trolling motor and glad i did. Also i pulled one of the PVS plugs out (which is a must on the Z6). added a whale tale. added the bluewater leds on the deck as well as the compartments. just got a power pole anchor. added a 12 volt outlet for a spot light. added a stereo so i could hear updates on tourneys, and music. CRAP im wondering if the adding stuff will quit...lol...but i do have to say that if you do anything you must check your rub rail.. after a few times on the water i had water in all of my compartments and found alot of screws were coming out. i hear alot of nitro guys havin the same issue. So i got some marine grade silicone and went to work and now its fine.but you need to keep an eye out for that issue. I have tricked out my Z6 as much as i can, or have i... seems like i keep adding "stuff" , before long my boat is going to be too heavy to float lol..

lol, dont get me buying anything else , my wife told me if i keep spending on the boat i can go live in it.. :) i think after the power pole im done for a while

Boat = break out another thousand.......

It never ends.

I had the same rub rail leakage on my 2011 Z6. I had to pull off 3/4 of the rub rail, all around, unscrew, re-caulk and re-assemble. I was taking on GALLONS of water with a 20 minute run down the lake. (Nitro re-imbursed me with a $100 BassPro Gift Certificate).:blink:

That being said I love the freakin boat. I've tricked it out to the max. (and don't forget the EZEESTEPS!). (http://www.ezeestep.com/)

Latest posts

Back