Wide 128 issues...

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jeffrey Brown

Reaction score
Have a 98 nitro lx with wide 128, humminbird has always worked well at any depth or speed. Even running 40 on slightly rough water it always displayed a constant picture on the screen. Here lately, unless I'm doing 15 on glass smooth water the image skips out. The diagnostic says its good, but it doesnt seem to keep up. I'm not sure if the hull mounted transducer or the depth gauge is going bad. Any ideas?

It could be either one Jeffrey. The only way to know for sure would be to cross-test your unit with another and see what works where. There are quite a few model units that we have produced over the years that could be used to cross-test with, so just let me know of a specific model and I can tell you if it will yield good results or not.

If that is an inside-the-hull mounted transducer, you may be able to pour enough water into the bilge to cover the transducer at least halfway up and test it again. If it works that shows that the transducer is coming loose and it can be re-installed. If it still will not work than the test hasn’t shown you anything.

Greg Walters at Humminbird

Latest posts

Back