Why Didn't I Think of This?

• Thread starter Larry Harp [URL]http://www.bassboatsolutions.com/T
  • Start date
Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Larry Harp

Reaction score
A guy who has never launched his boat on a cold, sleepy morning without the plug is probably a golfer. We've all done it. Wouldn't it be nice to put it in without re-loading the boat? Here's a gadget that I came across while shopping for something else that I think is a heck of a good idea. Tackle Warehouse sells them for only $29.95.

Check it out....

http://www.bassboatsolutions.com/The_DPS.php

Hmmm....If you forget your plug, you usually find out when the water is coming through the drainhole!!:lol: I would have liked to see them put it in while the boat was on the water and the plug is out. Good idea though. BTW, I have never forgot my plug. Knock on wood.

TOXIC

Now I like that!

I will have one even though it's not cheap. Getting it in while on the water shouldn't be an issue.

I have never been able to figure out why they don't make it accessible in the first place. There' absolutely NO WAY to get mine in from the inside because of the pumps:wacko:

Thats a neat idea.

I dont think i will buy one since like Tox have not forgot the plug in over a decade. Its one of those things i do on my pre launch routine and i always put my hand on the thing at least twice, its just a part of my routine.

Now i have left off one of the livewell hoses when i was working in the bilge before but somehow i dont think this would have helped. I figured out what i did wrong real quick when the water was coming thru the drain hole in the floor.

Uh...it took me 10 years to forget ONCE and that'll be all it takes.

When it happens and your not close to the ramp...be ready to change shorts!:p

I haven't done in the 591 ....yet, but I did it several times in the old Tracker. It usually happens when you get out of your routine or when you let someone help you with launch. I'll never forget the first time... at Tenkiller in eastern Okla where the water 25 feet from the ramp is 90 feet deep :eek:. I was a rookie then and thought we could put the plug in with the water still in the boat... not. We drained that boat for 20 minutes:lol:

I did it once, as we all have, mine was as Hapro said "you get out of your routine or when you let someone help you with launch" Mine was both. I was talking on the cell phone with my boss the whole way to the ramp and during prep, buddie backs me down into the water, unhooks the bow strap, I fire up the MONSTER 40 Merc, pull off the trailer and he pulls the trailer out. I notice quickly the back end is lower then usual.... lightbulb goes off.... brain thinks what did we forget... friend casually walks down the ramp and I scream "GET THE TRAILER.. I forgot the plug!!!"

Only once!!

Now that said, its not happened to me in the Nitro yet, and I KNOW the first trip out this fall it will!!! LOL

I'm like Trep...I was yellin' and screamin' and dancin' around like a lunatic!:lol:

HHHHHHHHHHHHHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEELLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLPP!

Thanks goodness I've never done it.:huh: I think I'd be doing the 'Tee' dance and vocal if I did. What a horrible feeling it must be when you finally remember or see that you forgot that thing?:eek:

The plug in my PT-17 can only be put in from the inside and it's a p.i.t.a. to get to.;)

Uncle Billy

As someone stated before it only takes once, it will never happen to me again, I say that now.

CHRIS CAS

It only happened to me once also. And, again it was allowing someone to assist me launching. I never allow help with launch (my routine) anymore and make the plug the first thing I do.

Sidenote: If the boat is full of water (when you realize you forgot), running the boat on plane will evacuate the water. Be fast when you stop it getting the plug in though, or you'll have to get her up on plane again.

Well, I'm having a problem with my drain plug - in that it is starting to get 'old and showing wear'. Therefore, I ordered one. Once I get it, I'll certainly post up a 'QA Report'.

Tex

One time seems to sink it in the ol' memory banks....lauched my 170TF for a tournament, tied it up at the dock and proceeded to drink coffee and tell lies with the best of them and happened to look over at my boat and thought, "Man, I don't remember my boat riding that low in the water?.........OH S**T:eek:! After a sprint down a dark dock and fateful left hand bounding turn:blink:, I was up to my shoulder over the transom and managed to get the plug in..........yep, drained er' for a good 20 minutes, easy...ha ha ha. Walking back up the ramp was like going thru the gauntlet with all the other fellas around:unsure:. Wasn't too bad since it's a position most of them had been in! Haven't forgot since!

JP

Let's add the "Forgot to pull up my trolling motor" also!!:lol: Good way to get a free shower in the morning!!....but I only did it once!!:lol::lol:

TOXIC

Latest posts

Back