Who's got the Avalanche??

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bill McElroy

Reaction score
I can't remember!!..Is it BassinFool?? Hey,...I'd REALLY like to take it for a spin at the Rally if you don't mind!!...You can take my 901 as "collateral" LOL......I just want to test drive the Avalanche and see how it performs!! Don't worry,....I won't do anything stupid like letting Neeley drive!! LOL

Seeya there!!!

Mac

It is BassinFool, you are correct Mac. Haven't had a chance

to ride in it yet, but have been on the water with him a

couple of times, sure is a nice looking ride. I have been to

busy breaking in my 225 Opti, but I will be asking him to

take it for a spin myself.

Ditto, I am seriously considering one for next year once all the bugs are worked out. But I want to try one from behind the wheel. I was really dissappointed that the Chicago BPS didn't have one to look at. Wonder if the lifetime warranty applies to guides???????? Hmmmmmmm?????? Anyhow, would love to at least get a ride if nothing else. Mac, that goes for you too. My choices are a 901 or an Avalanche. So before you sell it, can I try your 901? Dollar for dollar, if I do choose glass, 901 or 896? Tough call!

No sweat,...you can take my 901 for a spin............the 896/901 dilemna is a tough call!! I've had both and I like both!!! I'd probably still take a 901 for the rough water ride,...it's a little better than the 896.

BUT,..the 896 is faster and has better storage,........so you need to decide based on your needs!!

Being a guide,....I'd probably go for the 901 for the ride comfort of your clients.......and the composite hull which has the lifetime warranty. The storage isn't THAT much less anyway,.....not enough to be a major concern.......but the rod lockers on the 896 are HUGE!!....you're more than welcome to take my 901 for a spin........seeya there!!!

Mac

Yeah, I would go with ride for sure. My back can't take the beating anymore. If I'm not in a tourney, I rarely exceed 40 mph anymore unless it's really calm. Just can't move for 3 days after. Surprisingly enough, I don't need a whole lot of storage. I don't carry nearly as much stuff in the boat as a lot of other guys I know. Of course, the old adage, if I had more storage/money, I'd find a way to spend or use it.

You are all welcome to take it for a ride. That's an open invitation for anyone at the rally who wishes to drive it. If something happens to it, thats what I have insurance for. So rev her up and have at it.

I won't be at the rally. Let's have some first hand reports on how well it handles and looks.

Back