Who installs Jack Plates?

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bill Kish2

Reaction score
I just ordered a 10" Setback Hydro Bobs Jack Plate.

Any clue who can install this thing?

Bill

Yea Bill, Mini and I can do it....we can also screw down your top-cap if you want.

I'll call you later.

I'll secure the battery trays and gas tank....We can have that new 929 "St. Clair proof" in no time.

There you go Kish....leave it with me when you take your trip next week and it will be done when you get back!!!

Yes we need the motor lift ring....

Neeley you have a hoist right?

Other than that some 3M sealant and we will have it set.

Mini

How much is the ring guys? Are they all standard and fit the same hold in the top of the flywheel? I want to get one to put my own plate on this fall and to adjust motor heights for people when they come to the house. I would like to just break down and buy one. Any idea where I can get one?

And on the battery trays, I find the best thing is the all aluminum ones. If you can't afford those, get the Atwood plastic trays and mount then with twice the number of screws that's recommended with large oversized washers to hold the tray. Then replace those plastic rods with the metal ones from the auto dept at Wal-Mart and a metal H topper for the battery. Bolt that sucker down, and they WON'T come out unless you demolish the boat.

That and a little silicone on every screw so they don't vibrate loose. I also use those speed locks on the back of many with loctite.

You definately have to "big waterproof" your rig on the great lakes or Champlain. FLW outdoors hinted about that during the Detroit River Everstart last week.

I would imagine old Neeley knows a few rough water rigging tricks.

Mini,

I've got a chain-fall but it's up-north.

I'll be heading there sometime this week though.

My neighbor has a cherry picker, but I don't know if that would be high enough.

Worst case scenario, we can use my come-along.

Let's pour some lead while your here, too.

Latest posts

Back