Who has the Vendetta rods.......

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TOMMY RICH

Reaction score
And how do you like it?...haven't had one in my hands and that will be the final decision.

Just looking for some input...the price is right;)

they are a nice inexpensive rod. I would use one for sure. As far as budget rods are concerned, I am not sure it is possible to beat the newly redesigned berkley lightning rods for $27.99 at BPS. I use these and for that money they absolutely cannot be beat.

I have 6'6" Vendetta MH matched up with an Abu Garcia Revo Bait Caster. Just my opinion but It's my favorite rig and I have way too many.

Tee I just purchased new Lightening Rods, the new style for $49 from BPS and some Tourny -Z rods from Diawa for $60. All are light and sensitive from the tests I have done and can;t wait to use them. I also purchased new Pfleuger President spinning reels and KVD "Black" last years models baitcasters for $60 each (close outs). I am set and peopel I have spoked to they are pissed that all are sold out KVD's. I didn't get all new Lightening rods because the one I wanted didn't come in 7 foot medium.

I have heard nothing by good things about the vendetta's but just wanted to save a little.

Randy!

Good rods, good actions. I like the grip and overall feel. I own two of the Vendettas, a few Verdicts, and a bunch of Veritas. The Veritas are definitely my favorite of all so far. Although the Verdict is their higher end rod, I feel the Veritas is an excellent quality and it just "feels right" for me. After getting a few of each, I decided that I liked them all enough to tournament fish with, but I definitely placed a large follow-up order for the Veritas because I liked it all that much more.

If I could change one thing about the Vendetta's, I would smooth out the reel lock-down ring edge just a tad. Of the three, the Vendetta has a blunt, VERY easy to grip, but slightly bulky ring. The Verdict has a very smooth flowing, much harder to grip, non-bulky ring. The Veritas is the perfect mix between the two.

Bottom line - I would not hesitate to buy another Vendetta. It's not my favorite Abu Garcia rod, but it's not something that I would turn up my nose at either. It's well built and very high quality for your hard earned money.

All the best,

Glenn

I just tried out my new diawa z-rods, paired with the bps extreme reels and they were awesome. Broke the cherry on each rod first time out. They casted and handled well with 14 lb Cajun line on a MH 7' and 12 lb on the M 7'. I looked at the Abu Garcia rods also, but just could not see all that much difference for the price difference between the two. Then again, I am far from a professional judge of rods, but after using the diawa Z-7 this weekend, I am very happy with them and will buy more in the future.

JP

Seeing that we got over 6" of snow last night I am glad to hear that the Z rods worked well for you JP. I can't wait for this spring to get them out and HOPEFULLY catch a few!

Randy

Thanks guys for the input. Gonna see what a 7 footer feels like.

I'm also considering the new Extreme reel to match up to it. Won't have a fortune in it either.

I'm looking into also getting my OLD Berkley Series One rod from the 80's that a pro gave to me and have the real seat fixed...it's bar none one of my fav's (super light) but, at 6'6", I wanted something longer for Carolina/Jig fishin'.

I have one 7 foot MH casting. Use it mostly for reaction baits and it has preformed well. The only issue I've had is the metal cap on the end of the handle has an edge that is a little sharp.

HP

i hade a vendetta 6'6'' and broke it when i was fishing a crankbait. my 3rd cast and the pole just snapped in half. i was not fishing heavy tackle either , i dont know if i got a bad one or what but garcia is going to warranty it.

Tee,

I got one last year (7' M/H) and matched it with a Revo reel. What a combo. I use it as a jig setup. Going to start replacing my older setups and replace them with the Abu line.

Max

Latest posts

Back