which prop

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bill wilson

Reaction score
Have a 96 160 tf that I repowered last year with 90 hp e-tec.Has 15 pitch alum.prop.

Doing 5350 rpm(laptop)and 41mph gps.Would like to move to stainless,maybe rogue.Any Help appreciated.

OK, so it's not a Merc :rolleyes: but let's see what we can do.....need a little more info from you.

Wide-open-throttle range for that motor is______to________.

What is most important to you as far as performance? Top-end or hole-shot?

Once answered, I can tell you what pitch SHOULD work, but based on the prop of your choice, might have to be qualified from the prop MAKER. They are not all pitch-for-pitch, as Merc wheels are. ;)

Operating range 4500-5500 rpm.Optimum rpm 5000-5200,sweet spot 5200.Would like to hit the 5200 rpm,right now hole shot great,just have to trim down abit for no cavitation.And be careful in a sharp turn or will cavitate.Thats why I'm thinking 4 blade.Looking for 43-45 mph around 5200 rpm.

A little twist....you can install a MERCURY prop on that engine with the correct hub kit. Of course I am biased, but no one builds a prop like Mercury. I would most likely recommend the TROPHY 4-blade. Adjustable PVS, VERY good performer. Go with the 17"....don't think you'd be dissappointed. ;)

Back