Which prop do I need

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rusty C.

Reaction score
I have a 02 Nitro 750DC with a Mercury 125. It came with a 26p stainless prop from the factory. I get around 44-46k rpm according to gauge. I read in the manual that says the maximum rpm is around 52k. Would I benefit from a smaller pitch prop or do I need to keep what I have? Is it good for the motor to turn the maximum rpms?

Rusty, I have basically the same rig with the very same question. I have posted it here and have had responses. Here's what I have come up with.....Since I am turning only about 48-5000 RPm too, I'm going to try to pitch down to a 24 to gain the extra 200 RPM.

What kind of top speed are you getting with the 26P ? I am topping out on a good day at 54-55 MPH. I have had the speedo read up to 62MPH. But I know they read a bit high. I count on the GPS for a more accurate reading. How do you like your 750? I've had mine for 3 years and I think it's a little gem. I'm wanting to go to a 19 footer, but I'm still having fun in this one.

I don't have a jackplate, hydrofoil, etc.

According to speedo, with a half full tank of fuel, all of my tackle and riding by myself, I can get 58 mph. With two people, I can get 53 mph.

Rusty, you can most likely count on that 58MPH on your speedo being a little high. If you GPS read it, you should see about 54-55 MPH under a normal load and normal conditions. I don't really understand why you're losing 5 MPH when you have another person aboard though.

Back