Where to fish??

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

THOMMO59

Reaction score
I'm heading back over from Australia for a holiday next April/ May and looking for someone to take me chasing some Bass. Will be in Cali and Vegas, maybe down to Phoenix but that the general area.

Is there anyone in forum land that would like to take an Aussie out and show me how your guys do it?

If not, maybe some guide reccomendations please?

Two great lakes in the Phoenix area would be Canyon Lake and Roosevelt Lake.I don't live out there anymore but but loved fishing for monster bass at Canyon. A 16.7 lb. Bass is the state record and comes from Canyon lake. Both are clear water lakes.
http://thearizonafishingguides.com/index.php

Lake Mead on the Colorado River chain is definitely worth a consideration with great striped bass and smallmouth fishing. I fished it in '99 and '02, both times the visibility (30'-ish) was incredible! (And I live on Lake Lanier with a 20' +/- visibility.) We split shotted live crawfish on 6# test off deep points in 30'-50' depths for the best numbers of smallies and caught stripers on top as long as our arms held out. Plainly speaking, there's great finesse and topwater for smallmouth and tremendous striper fishing. (The largemouth fishing is pretty good, too.) An acre or more of water can explode with stripers busting bait at any time. Great fishing and NICE scenery, too. :cool: :wub: All within a short drive from Vegas. Good luck and enjoy your visit! ;)

when your in california you should fish the ca delta its awesome. Ton of good guides there that can put you on trophy fish especially that time of year. I will be up there next week cant wait.

Great pics Don, We haven't confirmed flights yet but looks like we'll land in LA around 23 April, jump in the RV and do a few touristy things like Disneyland etc for a few days and probably head south slowly down to San Diego, then up through phoenix to a mates place and end up at Vegas around May 6 for a week or so.

Hope this helps.

That's a great site Don, just had a better look and there's alot of stuff on there. Your fish pics are making me salivate!!

I couldn't find any guides on there or am I looking in the wrong place?

Thanks again

I got onto a guide named "Rusty Hooks" who guides some South Cali lakes and had a look at his website. Seems like a well rounded sort of deal, anyone have an opinion or reccomendation??

Latest posts

Back