Where are the reports?

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TOMMY RICH

Reaction score
Is it just me or am I not seeing any reports of fishing lately?

Or are y'all busier than a beaver this year like me?:lol:

With all the flooding this year and tornadoes...I just can't get a break due to rain.

Just found out a couple of weeks ago that my local "favorite" lake has high levels of E-Coli! Seems when it went 19 feet up, it flooded the crapper houses:huh:

It's just an advisory at this point but, the lake went back down and looks good so I may have to hit it this weekend anyway...hopefully I won't get a "mudshark"!:lol:

Opposite problem here. No rain at all and temps in the 100's lately. My lawn is dead, and i cant stand to be in this heat more than a few hours, especially if the fish arent biting and holding very deep. Im going to try tomorrow morning anyway. Planning to fish from 0530 until the sun comes up and shuts everything down. :lol:

All the best,

Glenn

I've been wondering the same thing. After six weeks of rain everyday, it decided we needed a month of 20-30 mile wind gusts. Finally settled down for a little bit of fishing and had to stop again. My big Dodge 2500 with 56k miles on it has been in the shop for two weeks for a transfer case rebuild. Can't win this summer.

Yeah, it's really 'cooking' down here this year. Early, also. It was over 100 in Houston recently, and that doesn't happen very much with all their humidity. We were looking for somewhere to go (driving distance) from DFW for week after next, but if this heat remains we'll simply stay home.

I took the dog out around 9:30PM last night and it was simply oppressive. It was 82 this morning when I left the house at 6:45AM. UGH!

When I fished the dog days a few years ago, I'd go out around 5:00AM and fish till around 10:00AM.

Going to be a scorcher this summer, it looks like.

Tex

Here in north Fl no rain to speak of, my favorite lakes are mud holes almost and need a good couple weeks of solid rain and yesterday on my back from Lakeland to Gainesville it was 103' way to hot to go to the mud hole....

Water is still messed up, upper lake still at flood stage, middle lake lots of party boat traffic, lower lake, the on that I am on, is constanly changing depth. One day level is up 2 feet, next day down 3 feet and on and on. And with that the river is in a constant change.

Fish are still being caught, early, late or night time, pattern change from normal, you have to be careful for swift currents and debris in the water.

Plus 85 deg. @ 0930 this am, 97 deg this afternoon. Low last night was 75.

One news report is that the flooding problems could go until early winter.

cq

Seems this crazy weather has things jacked up from the Great Lakes to Texas!:wacko:

Combination of unusual spring weather (hot hot hot, then rain rain rain), trying to get a new company in the black and too many regulations/registrations required for fishing the lower Potomac conspiring to keep me off the fish! Best I've been able to do is some wade fishing at Lake Anna from shore (catfish galore!). Hoping to get to the Upper Potomac later in July (kayak fishing!) and DEFINITELY taking one day off on Sunday to hit Lake Anna from the G3. I'll post (good OR bad) for that outing.

Despite the weather, Michigan this year was still a very good time. Here in Florida it has been very hot and smoke from the 1000's of brushfires makes it tough to get out without scuba gear!! We actually closed our office due to it for a day. I have done a couple of tournaments but not impressive results. I wanna go back to Michigan!!:lol::lol:

TOXIC

I was at St. Clair for 4 days the first of June. My son and I released 300+ smallies and came home with bleeding thumbs.

Fished a white marlin tourney in the D Republic last weekend. We caught a few but the Puerto Ricans that were there kicked our rears. Good time though. Back to the bass tomorrow I guess.

Went today, 12 Largemouth, 4 walleye, 2 Wipers, 1 Smallmouth. All caught on a crankbait, water temp 73*. Chris F:cool:

Plenty of water here in Western Iowa. I'd like to send a couple trillion cubic feet somewhere else. So far the levies are holding in Council Bluffs and Omaha.

fatrap

Went out twice this week. Caught 13 bass yesterday in about 6 hours. All on Senkos and Zomm Shakey head worms. Going again Tuesday.

Arrived at Choke Canyon South Shore gate this morning at 5:20. Gate was closed for another 20+ minutes or so, so by the time we got in and I launched, it was 6:00. I ran out of the sheltered cove area on the back side of South Shore ramp(s) and right into a fairly good chop for 6am. I drove across the lake to a point I like to fish and discovered some nice 2 to 3 foot rollers coming into that shoreline. I caught one fish right away on a buzzbait, but then after narrowly avoiding getting pitched out the boat a half dozen times, I decided to find some shelter.... which there was "0" to be found. So I ran back to the normally sheltered cove that I launched from and found 4 boats already in there. Seems like we all had the same idea. :p

On the first pass, I didn't get a single blowup on the buzzbait. I tried a more subtle topwater, but the waves were kind of negating it's action. No hits on a spinnerbait. Switched to a Senko - Chartruese and White. I immediately picked up a fish, but nothing more. Switched to a Green / Cream laminated Senko and picked up two more. Caught my last (and biggest) fish of the day on a 5" soft plastic swimbait, crawling it through the grass.

By that time, it was already in the 80's, with the water temp at 81 / 82 degrees everywhere I checked. Sun peaked through and the bite turned off. Wind picked up some more though. As it started getting hotter, the fish turned completely off. I saw several people loading boats and leaving, which is what I was thinking anyway. So I got off the water at 10:00, cleaned up the boat and headed home.

Long drive just to run the boat and catch a small limit, but it was fun. I might have to do similar trips through the summer. It's just too dang hot. High for today is supposed to be 103. Heat index 110. No rain in sight. :wacko:

All the best,

Glenn

Last Saturday a friend and I went to Clarks Hill and picked up 20 between the two of us, 2 right at 3, couple of 2.5's and most of the rest were just keepers, water temp 86. Two days ago I went back and caugth 17 most were dinks except for a 5.75'er, water temp 90. Neither day did we do much good in the early morning and the best ones came between noon and 3:30 when the sun was high and very hot. My son called me today from Seattle and was complaining that it was cold, 60 degrees at noon.:angry:

St Clair is on fire....with fish and fish flies.

Took 19.34 to make the top ten in the opening day tournament....23 pounds won it.

We only had one good bite all day fishing for post spawn fish. It was a nice 4.7 but the rest were small... we had 16.7 on the cull m rite so we tossed em back instead of weighing them.

Next weekend is MonsterQuest4 and the Ontario opener. I would estimate 24.5 to win (5 fish).

Latest posts

Back