When Good Worms Go Bad.....

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Staci Matheis

Reaction score
Anyone know the half-life of plastic worms when left on their own in the wild?

If thrown into the lake after they get chewed to pieces, are archeologists, centuries from now, likely to find them still clinging to the mud?

What do you do with your good worms when they go bad?

me?

I try NOT to throw them in the soup, even though some do get there. I lost a super brush hog this past weekend when the fish knocked it completely off of the hook during hookset and such.

I'm curious about the same thing. I assume that they collect 'junk' from the surroundings, and soon become part of the bottom, for the most part. But they probably don't decompose for a long, long time.

While snorkeling, I have found some that are clearly less then a year old as you can see them and they're not covered in sediement. Within a few months they get REAL nasty and spongy and begin to break down. The water, really gets at them. They swell, and begin to break apart. The total time it takes to breakdown, I don't know, but it has to be less than 5 years. Just my .02

Latest posts

Back