What's up on St. Clair

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Andrew Zuber

Reaction score
sorry 'bout the first post...

Mac and Mini-

How's the bite for smallies on St. Clair?

Some guys here at work and me contemplating a trip over that way...

When is the best time to come...now or fall?

az

FALL!!!!,......after labor day the lake is a LOT less busy,....bigger fish are easier to find and less pressured for sure. Can't beat a nice weekend in Sept/Oct. Just my opinion anyway......Mini fishes a lot more often than I do, so he'll pop in and give you a better idea of what's going on. Summer time boat traffic is insane though....especially weekends......if you really don't mind that, then come now,...but if you want a better shot at a BIG smallies and less traffic....then plan a weekend after Labor Day!!

Mac

Lots of small fish now, bu the Ontario side opens this weekend and that should help get the winning weights back up in the 18-20 pound range. Lately it has taken 13-15 pounds to win. VERY unlike St Clair....

Go to www.lakestclair.net and read up some. I moderate the fishing report board there and just posted a good report.

Mini

Sounds like it's going around. So much for those 22 lb stringers eh Mini! LOL Champlain has been lighter than usual too. FLW set records, shattered them actually, even over St. Clair last year, but the numbers were still low considering the lakes potential. So, let's see, so far, BEST bass fishery in the world from B.A.S.S. AND FLW, and In-Fisherman, and......well you get the picture! LOL just razzin ya Mini

I wish they would have just said Champlain was a "fair" bass fishery!! I'm tired of Roland and Dean casting in front of my boat all the time when they are pre-fishing!! The joke is on them - whenever they get near me, they don't catch anything.

Bob G.

First tournament on the Ottawa river this weekend, usually 22-24lbs picks it up.....130 boats, and don

Pierre, tow down and I'll make you the same deal as I did Marke. You put me in a WORKING boat, and I'll put YOU on fish! Deal?

Back