What's a "Senko"?

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Staci Matheis

Reaction score
I've heard it mentioned several times in the past few months but have never seen them listed in tackle catalogs.

me?

Senkos are made by Gary Yamamoto, they aren't sold in chain stores or catalogs. You can find them in small ma and pop shops though.

Here is the link

http://yamamoto.baits.com/

Do those of you who use them have any color or size preference? Floating or regular?

Scott,

Senkos don't float...they attract bass because of the way they "sink".

Out here in the Delta, color #208 is probably the most used but even that changes by personal preference. When the bass want that bait almost any color will work and work pretty good!

Just texas rig it weightless on a #3/0-#5/0 EWG gamakastsu hook (superline hooks work good also), skin hook the point, on the end of some florocarbon and cast/pitch it to some cover and the fish will eat it up! The size of the hook and line type will change the rate of fall and either improve your bites or turn the fish off...just trial and error there.

But remember one thing....buy plenty if you find one that works because the don't hold up to the punishment.

Tom

Hey here's one i can answer Scott:

Wacky style is hooking the bait in the middle and let it hang in an inverted U if you hold the hook up. The hook is exposed and you fish it with a carolina rig or weighless.

I know someone will have a link to a page with the details, but that's the gist!

Shouldn't that have been "wormnly" then you thought LOL

Scott, I had good luck with the watermelonseed color in a 7 inch. I use more natural colors now that the zebra mussels have cleaned the water so much. I rigged mine offset, with no weight. They weigh enough to cast with a heavy hook and 12lb test.

The Kinami baits are produced by Yamamoto as well, and are exactly the same, except for a couple of unique colors to the Kinami line. (like we needed _more_ colors!).

There really is not a price difference if you compare the quantities as well.

The Senko is my #1 "go to" bait. It will catch fish. In fact 99% of the plastics on my boat are the yamamoto brand. The grubs are absolutely killer.

Go to http://www.insideline.net and you will get a lot of info about this great line of baits.

OPS! hit the wrong button.....

BPS sells them!!!!!!! They are on page 75 in the Spring Angler's catalog and they call them Tournament Series Stik-O. 20/$4.99 is the best price so far!

I don't care what they call them.....they produce!

Carli

Just so's you know, Marke.....

For many, many years, my go-to bait was the Lazy Ike in perch. I don't think I've seen them in stores recently - but I still have a couple left in my tackle box.....

me!

Latest posts

Back