What's a Kirby Vac and Iowa fishinghavein common

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fatrap

Reaction score
AS a fishing location Iowa just about sucks as bad as it gets. Forth straight weekend and managed one bass per trip. After beating myself and the water into a foam. I threw everything including live bait and one bass yesterday on a senko. A retared crappie on the same.

People aren't even catching many crappies(specks)which used to always save a bad trip. We are six inches below the normal amount of rainfall for the summer and everything is dry. I crossed one River the other day(Raccoon) and it was dry. The only good note is we have a bunch of pheasants and quail running around.

Whewwwwwwwww. I feel better now that I complained

fatrap

I thought the only water in Iowa was in the toilets..?

Actually my fishing buddy and tournament partner moved here from Iowa..he was merely a teenager when he moved out of the state but has mentioned several times that the fishing was somewhat "challenging" there.

You could probably catch more in a toilet here. I'm going to try some natural lakes in the NW corner. It's a bit of a drive(3hours) but I need to feel a tight string before bird season starts.

fatrap

You need to tri the Okoboji lakes. I have had good sucess there....and you can squeeze in a trip to FFO or a plant tour at PureFishing.

Daver

The Mississippi is the completely across the state from me. I live 315 miles from my hometown WHICH is Clinton. I haven't fished that river since the soap suds were five feet high below the bridges. My former neighbors are visiting my parents and say the Mississippi is way low.

I'm gonna try to fish Okoboji this weekend if I can find a partner. Everyone here is gearing up for deer season.

fatrap

Back