WhatDo You Do??

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sam Elkins

Reaction score
The "Where's The Bass" thread made me wonder what you guys that are in states where there's a season on bass do before the season starts. Are you still allowed to catch bass, just not harvest? or you can't catch bass at all? what happens when you accidently catch one?

Indiana doesn't have a bass season so I have no idea?

Here in Michigan bass season starts the saturday before Memorial Day. On most of our waters you are not allowed to target bass before season. If you are caught targeting bass, you could end up with a ticket. What I do before season is make sure every thing in proper order. Boat is cleaned and organized, poles have new line, etc.

Vermont law allows bass fishing "Catch and release angling with artificial lures and flies only" from the 2nd Saturday in April to Friday before 2nd Saturday in June. It's all the same to my kids and I as we use artificials and catch and release. Some of the best bass fishing is before the official opener.

Bob G.

We can't even fish for Bass here in Canada until the last weekend in June. so until then we go to the US side...NY, or fish for walleye...or post crazy things on the internet.

Pierre

Since I'm in NY, I go to VT with Bob, LOL. Seriously, I run across the lake and fish the catch and release season. But I still fish in NY. OK, so I'm a stupid pike fisherman that throws grubs and jigs, and jerkbaits. Can't keep those pesky little bass of my line! LOL I ain't fishin' fur bassus! Prove it!

How do they prove what species you are fishing for. OK so for Pike you'd typically have have spoons, big plugs and the like but i've fished for Pike with Spinner baits and Rattle traps too.

acouple of years back the DNR were issuing tickets if you had tubes in your boat. they didnt even need to be tied on! they stopped that practice now and usually watch from afar w/binoculars, if they see you cathing a lot of bass, they will write you up.

Mini

Mini - That I can understand, watching, but if tubes inthe boat that's a strech. One man's (or person's) Bass bait is another mans pike/crappie bait. Hey I just went out at lunch yesterday and caught a Bass on a Pike fly while practicing. OK so there are no Pike in my neighboorhood pond, but i wasen't trying for bass :)

Latest posts

Back