What should I get?

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Barb Baggott

Reaction score
OK, I'm trying to get everything I will need for our Rally in April now. Since I've never fished a tourney and only practice CPR, (catch, photo, release), what do I need to get for the livewell to keep the fish alive and what do I need to get to keep Deb's fish and mine marked? (I know her's will be the small ones, but......) I have a PT165, so I really don't want to put the divider in the livewell because it would really cramp the fish. Looking to spend some money!! I beginning to love cabin fever, it's the only time I actually sit down and research stuff and then buy, buy, buy!!

Thanks for all info!

Barb

It will be a team event, so no need to keep the fish apart. Buy some Catch and Release tabs for the livewell and you should be all set.

Spend the rest of your money on Corona's, limes and lures!!!

Barb,

Just bring a pen... when you catch one ask it it's name then record that...lol. If you do want to keep them separate...say for "big fish"... lokk at some of the electronic scales... and the tournament kits (come with floats, and record keeping "stuff")...don't necessarily buy it yet, just look at it...

Barb,

Just bring a pen... when you catch one ask it it's name then record that...lol. If you do want to keep them separate...say for "big fish"... lokk at some of the electronic scales... and the tournament kits (come with floats, and record keeping "stuff")...don't necessarily buy it yet, just look at it...

I think it's a Team deal....so it'll be a 5-7 fish "Team" limit depending on the local regs.....no need to keep them seperated..but if you get paired with Neeley,.....by all means verify and double check his count.......you could go from 10 to 4 in a matter o'seconds!! LOL!!!!!!!

Barb,

If you plan on keeping track of your fish, BPS sells a culling system that is not to expensive. I had one for the rally last summer. The only problem that I encountered was the strong winds blew my dry erase board out of the boat and to the bottom of the lake - we were even in the back of a cove in protected waters!! I improvised and wrote the weights on a piece of paper.

The BPS Extreme Weigh Bag would also be handy for taking your winning bass to the weigh-in!!

Bob G.
http://www.basspro-shops.com/servlet/catalog.TextId?hvarTextId=30217&hvarTarget=search

Ken and Mac - Did anyone check Scott's document on the Home page link? It says "Each person must keep their catch separate.

5 fish limit." That sounds like individual not team effort. I wonder if Scott made a mistake?

my mistake then,..(that's a FIRST,,.bwwwahaahha)..I didn't read the rules since I can't make it anyway,...I was just going off of the NY Rally rules.....no problem...

Barb,...back when I had a single livewell with no divider..my partner and I used safety pins on one of the fish's fins......it worked fine. "First person to catch a keeper got to keep his fish "pin free!!"...LOL

I like the team rules better, let's all gang up on Scott and make him change it!!

What's this... We need a "reason" to gang up on Scott... NOT... That is the board pass-time... LOL

Barb, First you got to catch fish.....

We could let some people fishing as a "team" compete against other "individuals"..... Kind of a handicapping!

Heck! I don't care! As the organizer, I'm ineligiible - We'll do whatever everyone (except Mac) wants!

me!

OK, safety pins..HMMMMMMMM...I do like asking their names though...dry erase board seems a little to hard to keep dry....guess I'll check out BPS for tourny cullers. Do I need to buy some type of fish keeper for the livewell water or just use ice?

Questions, Questions, Questions......

Barb

Ohh, Now I see it Scott. You're ineligible - COOL so you can just DRIVE me from spot to spot heling me HAUL in the HOGS!! Love it!! my OWN personal Chaufer!!! Do you tie lures on and get drinks for me too!!

Can't WAIT!!!

Scott,

Just because you are organizing this event doesn't make you ineligiible. Rob organized last years rally and didn't have ANY problems accepting everyone elses cash at the end of the day and he guides on Champlain. Do you guide on Kentucky Lake?? Unless of course you're just pleeing "ineligiibilty" to prevent from embarassing yourself...LOL

Marke

Trep - I was thinking about you when I brought up the "handicap" idea!

Barb - I'd do anything for you, Dear! ANYTHING! <~~~~~(Picture me doing soft shoe and looking a bit like Oliver Twist!)

Get in line Barb - I'm first for that 20fter! But at that size and Scott's size we can probably fish 4 out of that aircraft carier just fine!!!

Soft head and a look's a little like "twisted Sister"... Yup, that's our Scott...

Back