What kind of boat/fishing shoe's are you guys wearing ??

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mark Gross

Reaction score
I've been using a canvas Sperry shoe because you can get them wet and still wear them fairly comfortably . Whoever they are killing my feet and probably my back after eight plus hours.

So my question is ,whats a good shoe to use under those conditions.

I always wear my regular running shoes with prescription orthotic arch supports. If I'm by myself and I have to get my feet wet to either launch or load the boat, I keep some cheap canvas deck shoes in the boat that I can change in and out of. I've tried to fish in sandals but find they don't have any support and kill my tootsies after a short time.

Harpo

Didn't know I was supposed to wear shoes!

Just old tennies when I do.

Anything and everything except for boots; if I take an accidental dunk, I want to be able to swim.

I usually go barefoot or wear what I call reefwalkers (splash shoes) which give me great grip on any surface.

david.....

either hard soled/soft sided moccasins or a good pair of tenny's with soft thick soles....I want to feel like I'm walking on air!! LOL

Sport Sandals. For colder weather launching I bought a cheap pair of hip waders I keep in the boat, then toss in the truck after launching.

Sport sandals for me. Makes for interesting tan lines on your feet, though. Don't wear them in your shop though. I cut my big toe really bad on Sunday with a piece of sharp metal. Luckily, it was a clean cut and they could get it sewed up. But, I am having to take it easy and am going to miss a perfect weekend to fish this weekend!!

I have a pair of low cut Timberlands (hiking shoes) that I just love to fish in. They give really good support, and are not too heavy.

In the heat of the summer, I've found a pair of sandals that I wear (bought at BPS - Redhead brand), that has a pretty good sole for support. I've tried regular sandals, and they bother me after awhile.

Tex

I have a pair of Reeboks just for the boat and a pair of I guess you call them "water shoes" for hot days when I plan on beaching anywhere or getting wet. Funny how few people pay attention to a very important piece of gear. When you drive a hotfoot and are on the TM all day, good shoes/sneakers are essential. And Tox, yes, you ALWAYS feel like you're walking and riding on air in a Ranger! LOL

Teva's (sandal water shoes) in the summer and colder weather calls for warmer shoes (sneakers or low boots), insulated in real cold weather.

Earthshoes Sandals for warm weather and my comfy Reebok's for cool weather. I agree with others, comfortable, supportive foot wear is a key to a good day on the water.

Sperry Topsiders and Billfishers have been very durable and comfortable for me, with the addition of Dr. Scholls heavy duty athletic arch supports. (The blue ones.) The shoes are light and breathe wet or dry and the insoles make it feel like I'm standing on pillows all day. I'm a pretty big guy (6'3" - 300lbs.) and my feet used to take a beating after 10-12 hours on them. A buddy of mine told me about the insoles and now I use them in every pair of shoes I wear. The Sperry's run in the $89 - $100 range, but the insoles are less than $5 a pair, making just about any shoe feel great. IMHO

TEVA sandles. i agree with the funky tan lines.

wadders when it gets to cold for wet feet

Cross-trainer style tennis shoes or TEVA's in warm weather. I like those funky tan lines!

In cooler or cold weather, I'll wear work boots or Gore-tex hiking/hunting boots depending on how cold or wet it's going to be. My most comfortable boots are a pair of John Deere outlet mall specials.

sandals or bare feet in the summer. winter, tennis shoes.

bryan

Teva's are a brand of sport sandal, with a rubber, treaded sole and nylon-webbing straps that secure with velcro. They can be very comfortable shoes to wear in hot weather.

The downside is that your feet can perspire and the sandals end of needing a good bath at the end of the day.

Thanks MO, i've found Earthshoes at walmart to be decent but the tread seems to last about a year with my heavy wear, how long do these Tevs's last??

I wear my Timberland Sandals (Similar to Teva's). TAN LINES RULE....LOL. I get more laughs out of my tan line feet...LOL

Marke

I've only had one pair of Tevas, and I've had them for eight years. The velcro will wear out before the tread will.

"Momma always said you can tell alot about a person by there shoooeees,....Where they've been,...where they're gooowin'.........I've worn LOTS of shoooess"..

Forrest Gump

I have a pair of columbia sandals that are like tevas that i wear in the summer. The big thing i dont like about tevas are it seems like they are all black and they get hot. my columbia's are tan and are much cooler. In cooler times i wear a pair of sneakers(vans) and when its raining or cold i weat my REI gortex hikers.

I've taken to wearing ankle socks with my Teva's, so long as it doesn't rain. But my foot ends up being white, while my leg gets tanned (or, in my case, burned). The socks do help absorb some of the persperation so that my feet and sandals don't reek at the end of the day.

Sox with Sandals??? In case you guys didn't know....people are laughing at YOU!!! LOL

I'm by no means the "fashion police" but sox and sandals kill me.....LOL

People laugh at me for all KINDS of reasons, at all times of the day, in all types of places. Who am I to know if its just because of socks?

Gee......I didn't think you GUYS were so fashion conscious! LOL

Carli

Just so long as they're not BLACK socks!! I love those with sandals pulled up the the calf. Whata look!

Harpo

I'll tell you this much...I will not wear ANYTHING with a black sole in my new boat. Kinda like no black soles on the Basketball court. My carpet is darker where I stand for that exact reason. I'll have to give up my beloved TEVA's but I will. When I went in to get a new pair last year the guy at the sports store told me he had NEVER seen a TEVA Tan as radical as mine!!

TOXIC

Hey Toxic,

Did it look kinda like this?????
Teva Tan.jpg

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OK OK OK == Is there lucky foot wear that you=all catch more fish with??????

Getting the tops of your foot sunburnt--NO fun ---

I Just wear light low cut socks>

Hey -- Do they make cloth slip covers for boat seats?? ---Sitting down on those seat that have been heat by the 100+ temp of the sun can be painfull.

HaleDamage

Blowouts.. Sneakers with holes worn through the sides (and a dry pair in the truck)

BF

Yup, got those same lines!

Rich D

Marke: Those look JUST like mine!! But mine are Columbia sandals instead of Timberlands (just went to Sketchers, though - more support in the ankles)???

Toxic - How about a picture of you in your Teva's with your toenails painted. LOL Have you had a pedicure lately with new polish or is it wearing well?

Ewwwwww.....I hate feet!! Hairy toes!! Ewwwww....but I have those same tan lines but no hairy toes.

I go barefoot but I wear Teva's if I have to. I stream fish alot and for that I wear a pair of neoprene socks and Teva River shoes. They are awesome for water!

Marke, about 5 times darker and that's no kidding!! But that was last year. This year I have been going barefoot more so that I don't get them as bad.

TOXIC

I wear wet shoes when using the boat, SAS with orthotics on land.

Hey Trep...Earthshoes...wow...takes me back in the day

I don't dare go bare foot in the boat. My boys change lures every 10 casts and leave hooks / lures lying around everywhere. I'm constatnly on them to "Put those away".

Latest posts

Back