What is this boat worth???

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Randy Bailey

Reaction score
OK, I have finally made my decision to buy a new Nitro 700LX with a 90 HP Merc. But, My question is, what is my trade worth? I am trading a 1994 Tracker Tournament Pro 18 with a 25 HP Merc. The Boat Dock in Springfield, Illinois offered me only $3000 on this boat. I thought it should be worth more than that. The boat is in very good condition. What do you guys think? Thank you in advance for any help.

Check NADA.com and Kelly blue book. Use high retail because you know they will when they want to sell it. Good luck

When you use NADA, remember that you might have to calculate the motor separately... depends on the boat, but the listing should specify if the motor is included in their eval.

David

Randy - Did a search on www.boattraderonline.com and found the following that might give you an idea. Remember that trade in value will always be below retail (as the dealer has got to make $$ up pricing your trade). You can always get more from selling it yourself, but it takes time and effort on your part (no to mention storing 2 boats). The only 2 I found (first one in the list) w/25hp are 4-5K but only 17ft not the 18. Anyone out there know what the typical markup on trade in on boats? I know car dealers have to typically do some level of "reconditioning" (i.e. tune-up, tires, oilchange and the like. Do boat dealers to the same type of thing and then add profit?

1994 TRACKER , 17ft Bass Pro 17, 25hp - $4,500

1993 TRACKER , 17ft BASS 25hp - $3,995

1994 BASS TRACKER TOURNAMENT TX17 w/40hp - $6,495

1993 TRACKER Pro 17 w/40hp - $5,000

1994 TRACKER , 18ft BASS Tournament 75 Mercury - $5,000

1995 BASS TRACKER/TRACKER MARINE PRO TOURNAMENT 18 w/70hp - $7,995.

1995 TRACKER , 17ft BASS 40hp - $5,000

1993 TRACKER tx-17 40hp - $3,500

1994 TRACKER Bass 40HP, 18.5 Pro Tour - $3,200

Wow, they come with dog $hit now? Man I got screwed! LOL I need to get on the water! SIMCLMJNO! Figure that one out!

Sitting in My Chair Laughing my Jack Nuts off?

You know what's scarier than me coming up with that is you figuring it out Rich! LOL

Jack nutz....

what's the difference between Beer nuts and Deer nuts....

Beer nuts are under a dollar and Deer nuts are under a buck!

Randy..look at the kind of people on this board...is that alot of info or what!!!?!?!?!

Pierre

Randy - Don't mind the cabin fever NUTS, they get better during thier fishing season!

Glad we could help, and look forward to the Pics!

Hey Randy, sounds like a decent trade, but if I were you, I'd go with a little larger motor, if you can afford it. You might find after having it for a season, wishing you got a 115, or 125. JMHO, Bill.

Bill is Right, a 90 on the 700lx is a bit under

powered. I had a 115 on mine and wished I would

have gotten the 125. Something to think about,

anyway you will enjoy the boat. I really liked

mine, then I got the big boat itch and went to

an 882.

Mark

I have a 98 700lxdc with the 90 runs 50mph with a 22p lazer II prop.It Was is a little slow on take off until I put on the se300 fin.Do the same and you'll be happy I did and it help a lot.

Back