What is my boat worth next year

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bill Kish2

Reaction score
Hi,

Just a quick question for the olt timer nitro users.

I bought a new 2004 929 CDX DC, 225 EFI, Upgraded TM to 107 MG, Steering Wheel Trim Tilt.

Delivered price was just under $37

If I keep this boat in excellent shape any idea what it would be worth and or sell for in the spring of 2005?

I should have researched a bit more before I bought. I love my rig but will be (maybe) wanting to move into a Ranger next year. I know I will loose my shirt, so maybe I should keep the Nitro for 3 years and then trade into a ranger?

Thanks in advance for any input.

I am guessing about 27-29k. Most brands of boats will depreciate about 20% after the first year of use.

Kish,...I can save you a bundle on my 2004 520 if you're interested.....plus I live in your 'hood!! (Waterford) Unload your 929 and give me a call!!

Mac

McElroy,

Will be looking to buy new boat. Want to order a commanche with just the right colors ;)

Kish - I'll give you $10k cash for the 929. It's NOT Aluminium but I figure I can slum for $10k!!! LOL

Obviously if you're already considering a Ranger, you're not that bright anyway!!! BWWWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Kish,

You talking to Trep or Mac about growing some manners???

Especially with the primo color scheme that's under the wrap and the low hours, full warranty, etc..etc...but no big deal.....there's plenty of other folks out there that are into SAVING 10 GRAND!!! no sweat off my back...

Come on Bill, Trepper was just funning with ya. He's a tin-boy, from head to toe. Besides, he's been known to visit BFHP, where anything from tracker is a junker and if you don't run a Triton (or a Ranger, depending on who's making the remarks that day), you don't own a boat anyway.

He's just taking up for the Nitro owners :). He really is a nice guy. Now, I can see if you mis-read it, thinking Mac (who was trying to sell a Ranger) had low-balled you, I can see why you could take offense, but Mac and Trep are two different guys.

Snow - "Mac and Trep are two different guys. " Are you SURE!!!! LOL

Yeah, I've seen pics. And Mac would never drive a sissy-wagon to pull his boat :)

OHHH Snow, that was a LOW blow! Especialy since Mom totalled my wagon, now its a Minivan!!! LOL

Even more demasculating :). I'd ask how many ponies the mini-van has, but they're probably Sheland ponies :)

Actualy Snow the van only has 195hp V6, the Merc Wagon had a 200hp V6, though the van is a 3.5 ltr and the Wagon was a 3 ltr, so the van has more torque!!

Trep

Bill - Sorry if you took my comments as a real jab. I just checked and you've only been around this site a little over a month.

There is a VERY Joking on-going dispute between Aluminium and Fiberglass boats, as well as Nitro vs. Ranger!! Mac and I are friends and have known each other for 4 years, and it's all done if fun.

Sorry if you took it as a mean slam, it wasen't.

Trep

Trep,

You are the one that fans the flames about tin/glass and Nitro/any other boat!!! Enjoy your boat and let it go!!! You never know what you might own someday!! HA!!

Bob G.

Sorry to disagree with you Bob. Tin vs. Glass, on occation but I don't think worse then others. And Nitro vs. Other boats, very rarely (if my old infeeble mind is on straight today) do I slam other boats. Mac and his ranger or Rob, sure, but that's done in concert with them and vice versa.

And yup, you never know what i'll own. Heck, now are you gonna give Snow the same speech for picking on my wagon or minivan? Come on, lighten up a bit.

And as I said above, if Bill had been around awhile he too would know, i was joking. Heck I TRIED to get a ride/drive in one of those fancy glass boats at the rally, sniff, sniff, no one offered :-(

Everybody needs to chill.....nobody's mad at anybody and it has been determined that it was all in fun (some of us already knew that). I'M the one who gets picked on...snif, snif....even Meyer takes shots at me!! LOL!!

TOXIC

Now that the history is known all is cool.

I have owned the following boats.

Pro-Craft

Astro

Bass-Tracker

Gambler

Nitro

All in glass. :)

Bill

Holy Crap!!! Are the wheels coming off or what? I have been seeing this message rise to the top for several days now but I haven't opened it since the first time because I thought it was a discussion about how much wgkish's new boat would depreciate in a year. Since I had no idea and nothing to add to the discussion I didn't even click it....until tonight. What's is wrong with everybody?? Is it because it's an election year or what? Everybody seems to have their panties in a bunch and are looking for a fight. We all sound like a bunch of politicans. Tin v Glass, Nitro v Ranger, Ford v Chevy, Republican v Democrat, and OU v Texas are the pleasures in life, it's what makes life interesting and this a great country to live in. When did everybody get so sensitive. Toxic is right...EVERYBODY NEEDS TO CHILL. I realize the hatchet is buried on this thread but the snipping is going on in other threads too. Let's all remember what we're here for is to have fun, make friends, and learn more about our common intrests. If you're too thin skinned and inarticulate to have a friendly disagreement with someone then...well I just don't know what to tell you.

Let me go on record saying; if I tease you about what your boat is made out of or what brand it is or what part of the country you live in or how your mama dresses you........IT'S BECAUSE I LIKE YOU!!! If I don't then assume what ever you want.

Now would everybody please stand up, reach around and pull the panties out of your .........well you know what to do.

Peace Love

Harpo

Harpo, that's why Toxic is mad at me. I tried to pull his panties out of his crack, and he slapped me like I was a copperhead in his woodpile.

Remember, I'm ALWAYS the snipe-ee, not the sniper. Yeah, sure, whatever ... :)

Ain't nobody touchin none of my undergarments!! For the record, I am the atomic wedgee king!! Don't make me enlist Meyer to watch my back!!

TOXIC

Sooner,

You are right...no need for anyone to bow down and kiss anybody's ring. We're all thick-skinned big boys (and girls) here.

And I don't wear panties!!!

Panties?? Real men go Camando style!!!! LOL

Wish - Cool, sorry if it stired up the pot a bit. WHAT no Aluminium rigs in that list?? Now we know the problem, you've NEVER experienced it!!! LOL

Welcome aboard, grab a drink, watch out for Toxic Blasts, Neeley's face, Rob's panties, Mac's Thong, Mini's Hooters Girls, Bill B might go Postal on ya, 3 Card Pisser, Staci's nightgown, Teri big ones and the rest of this motley crew!!

Trep - Hey, i'm out of here at 1:30 to fish this evening and ALL day tomorrow!!! WHOO HOOO

Hey Tox...

Who do I shoot.... When? (And, hurry it up...I miss that part of the job!)

I drive Tin because it is a cultural thing... Walleye fisherman "like" tin boats!

And, real beer drinkers feel safer in aluminum...its a natural environment for them.

Anybody who reaches for any part of my anatomy (other than that bartender!!). If I go to the rext Rally you have door duty. With all the trash I've talked it'll be a miracle that I get out of there with both eyebrows.

TOXIC

I just had a HORRIBLE vision......

Trepper going comando in coulottes.....

Tox,

I got ya back buddy! I may be small, but I know how to act with violence when needed :)BTW that refers to the eyebrow thing, you take care of the grabbing thing :)

What the heck is a coulottes?????

What is the eyebrow thing???

Is there a story behind this? LOL

;)

Harpo,

It's a great story.....but before it gets told here again, let me state emphatically....I DID NOT SHAVE ROB'S EYEBROW!!!

and I didn't have sex with that woman, and I am not a crook, and if elected I will not raise taxes.

Carlos -

You're too young to remember coulottes..... Women used to wear them about 25 years ago. They were baggy shorts that kinda looked a bit like a skirt if you didn't look closely. Trepper wore a pair to dinner Saturday night at the rally. Well, ok, they weren't really coulottes - but sure came close! (And someone else started calling them that, not me!)

And how "small" are you? Can you beat 5'6", 140#? :)

me!
Terp%20n%20Tin%20Win.jpg

Hey Ken,

What happened to the picture of Trep bolting up out of bed when he heard the clippers firing up?

Was that Rich's camera?

Latest posts

Back