Went fishing...got SKUNKED!!!

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ken Neeley

Reaction score
Went looking for smallies on Cass Lk. yesterday, special season c&r only. Fish aren't moving onto beds yet. Water temps in the high 40's with a STIFF 25mph wind.

Using jerkbaits on the ledges, had a couple of follow-ups right away, but caught NOTHING. My partner caught 3 smallies, biggest was 2.5lbs, and a real nice 6lb. walleye...he chomped down on a suspending Rogue in 12 feet of water...she was all spawned out and looked to me like dinner for the night, but the season for inland lakes doesn't open until Saturday :( Oh well, it sure beat working!!!

Wow too cool a Lake named after me :)

Glad to hear someone is getting out on the water, we might be getting more snow tomorrow so looks like it will be a few more days. Brrrrrrrr

Cass :)

It was pretty darn cold yesterday...in the 50's but the wind made it chilly....I was out there last week with 15mph winds but it had been in the high 70's for a couple of days and I caught a dozen...biggest was 3 lbs.

Hey Ken...My Dad taught me a technique for those real tough days...a 4" stick of red dynamite with a three inch yellow fuse worked fast!

It's "Cass Lake"...as in,.."Make a looooong Cass",............NOT,...."Make a loud Blass!!!"..LOL

Must be nice to be out on the water eh Mac? Gee Ken, my heart is just broken for you! LOL Did you at least wash down your defeat with some C&Ls?

When I got home I popped a Corona and took the cap and scratched up my thumb so I could pretend I caught a few and had "Bass Thumb" LOL

BASS THUMB! Oh, man, don't EVER bring that subject up with my father-in-law! Our scout committee hosted an adult-leader fishing derby, and we offered to clean everybody's fish. He cleaned 400 (yes, FOUR HUNDRED) bass at this event. His thumb looked like it had died on his hand. The motor on the electric filet knife got so hot that it quit working.

We stopped offering to clean people's fish after that.

MO...you didn't EAT any of that Bass did you???

If so, you're SCREWED AGAIN...not even Craig or I can help you...you now have Bad-Bass-Mojo coursing through your veins!!!

You ATE 400 basssss!!!!!!!!! That's it Mark, you're black listed for LIFE! Do you know the impact you had on that fishery? Do you know? Huh, well do ya? Oh, the horror! It took my mother-in-law EIGHT years of nagging, hounding, begging and pleading to get me to finally bring her 1 limit of bass, which were still alive in my livewell, (made her do the dirty work). And afterwards, I felt so guilty I promised her that I would never do it again. Man that's like eating my dogs! My bread and butter, my natural resource. My involuntary business partners! This is a sad day....a sad day indeed! Feeling guilty yet?

Rob, poor, poor Rob.... the lake we were fishing has more bass per acre than every other lake in the state of Missouri. The Conservation Department begs us to take home fish so that the rest can have something to eat. There are supposed to be 3,000 bass harvested out of that lake each year, and the most that has ever been taken out in a year was 738 fish (from a creel survey done over a two year period).

We are NOT worried about depleting that resource. We're worried that the fish in the lake will starve to death.

1 good way to look at it. the next time you go out all you need to do is catch 1 to vastly improve your average. i can't tell you how many times i have told myself this.but the best part is, a day on the water is a day on the water is a day on the water. EEEEEEEEEE-HHAAAAAA!!!!!thanks stan

Latest posts

Back