Weighted hooks for hollow bodied swimbaits?

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Steve Long

Reaction score
I got some Luck "E" Strike Bass Magic hollow bodied swimbaits for Christmas and I was wondering if anyone has suggestions on hook type, size and brand? I got the 5.5" length baits. Thanks,

Steve

Steve,

There are several different styles out there now but the Falcon seems to be the hook most used. Out here in CA. we have way too many to choose from so we are a little more flexible with the SB. Don't forget to try a regular open hooked Jig head for cleaner waters.

Gamakatsu has a new hook out....

http://www.gamakatsu.com/new_products/new_weightedsuperewg.htm

Thanks much guys. My web searches kept pointing toward the Falcon hooks like Greg mentioned. Then my son, who works at the BPS in Hampton Va, brought me a pack of BPS vertical drop hooks yesterday. They look a lot like the Falcons and the Gammys but I think the hook might be thinner. I rigged one of my new SBs up and liked the way it looked. I'm going to give them a try and see how they work for me.

When you say open hook jighead, Greg, are you talking about a tube style jig? How do I get the jighead into the SB body without tearing the nose so bad that it causes problems? I figured out with the hooks my son brought me that I need to rig the hook by putting the hook eye in from under the head of the bait and out the nose versus the normal going through the nose, to keep the weight from making an oversized hole in the nose.

Thanks again all,

Steve

Steve, Hampton is the store I am sponsored out of. I'll be there doing seminars and tank demo's throughout the 3 weeks of the "Spring Classic" tell him to come tug on my shirt sleeve:lol:

TOXIC

I'll definitely tell him to go tug on your shirt or skirt, whichever the case may be Toxic!

Latest posts

Back