water skiing

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ron cancilla

Reaction score
hi I have a 2006 nitro fishing boat with a 200 hp murcury outboard and I want to use it to go water skiing

has anybody done this and do you know what you can buy to hold the rope up out of the way of the way of the outboard

and how can you attach the rope to the boat

Not sure what kind of Nitro you have, but I put a ski-tow-bar by swiveleze(sp) on my 901 for tubing and it works fine.Chris F.

I have a 1994 180 FS nitro fishing boat, 150 HP. I have gone tubing on it and it worked fine. We tied off the rope to the back cleats on either side and just ran the rope over the motor. It worked fine. This is the cheaper way to do it.:rolleyes:

I chewed up a couple of ropes in my 929 (even with the "Y" float) but my problem was keeping on pad going slow enough not to torture my tubers. Of course my brother-in-law thought he could handle the higher speeds and he got the bruises to prove it.

TOXIC

I pulled skiers and tubes with my 896 a few times. I knew i wouldn't be doing it much so I didn't want to buy a tow bar. I just used the tie-down loops on the transom.

Gene

Latest posts

Back