Water level lines / spots

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ed Haugh

Reaction score
Just brought the boat back from 7 straight days on the water. I am having extreme difficulty removing the water lines from the sides of the boat, water spots above that, and a lot of scum below the water line. The fresh coat of wax I applied before the trip was apparently no help. What is your secret for removing this stuff? I won't mention what the motor, motor mounts, hydraulics, and swim ladder look like. It's embarrassing. :( :angry:

I keep this boat spotless (literally), and have no issues cleaning-up after day trips. Mooring for 7 days is a different animal. You should see the crap growing on the underside. Needless to say, the water was not crystal clear. Algae had just bloomed in shallow water (aka, by the docks). :blink:

Thank you.

there are lots of things you can do. Some guys like vinegar and water 50/50 mix to clean up the hard water spots etc. I know it works. I also have used a product called bugs b gone thats made by sea foam. Its designed for bugs but it will clean up so much more then that and its really gentle from a chemical standpoint.

I use Bass Boat Saver, but I did have a hard time with water spots after a 3 day trip. I won't be forgetting to take it with me again.

I threw every household cleaner we had at those spots and water line marks but nothing worked. 50/50 vinegar / water and a lot of elbow grease did the trick, however. Thank you much! She is clean again :D

If you have the hassle again, buy some "white Spirit" sometimes called Dry Cleaning Fluid, won't hurt he gel coat but will clean anything.

This may be crazy, but the gentleman that owned my 170DC for the 16 years before i got it from him said he always washed and dried after each use. That's not the crazy part! I asked what he put on the boat to protect it and keep it in such great shape.(It looks as good as any new one on the showroom floor)He said he sprayed it with Pledge furniture polish and wiped her down. I've done that a few times and the waterline and algae just wipe right off. I still wax it but the Pledge trick really works. :)

Cajun boats, of which I've owned three, had Pledge as their recommended cleaner / wax in the owners manual. I used it for a long time. Worked pretty good on fiberglass, but made it slippery as could be - wet or dry.

All the best,

Glenn

Before i ever put my new boat in the water i put a good wax from mothers and when it goes in the water it gets washed n dried. then a spray n shine because where i fish the water will stain the hull very quickly.Its alot of work but worth it

Latest posts

Back