Water in Rod Locker

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Randy Klinger

Reaction score
Once again I have water in my Front rod lockers. I have an '07 Nitro 591 SC.

Upon returning from the lake I noticed the carpet is wet (again) in the bottom of drivers side rod locker. There also appears to be a small wet spot in the passenger side one as well. This happens every time I take it to the lake.

At no time did water get in the boat from the top side and I ran the bilge pump and it just hummed so there can't be much if any water in the bottom of the boat.

Thoughts?

I am concerned there may be a hull leak but upon inspection there is nothing to be found.

Thanks,

Randy

you are most likely getting water from where the cap meets the hull.

i would consider takeing off your rubrail backing out the screws that hold the cap to the hull one at a time of course, then applying 3m 5200 fast drying to the screws before you reinstall and tighten.

i'll bet this cures your leak.

I have an 06 929 and I am having the same problem. I read the link, that doesnt sound good. Mine is no longer under warranty.

The link has nothing to do with leaking. It is separated fiberglass. To silicone the top cap is an easy process. I would recommend that you pull the rub rail and re-tighten and seal all of the screws first. Also, the perko locks will let water in if they are not put into the sealed position. If you look there is a small circle around the key lock and if not in the closed and locked position, it does not seal. You also need to make sure all of the drains in your locker channels are open and functioning.

TOXIC

Appears the water came from under the rod lockers...in the hull. My cooler empties into the hull and i hadn't removed the plug and drained the water.

Have yet to confirm with a trip to the lake but suspect that was my issue.

Thanks for all the help.

Latest posts

Back