Walleye Plastics

• Thread starter Scott Hammer TOXIC
  • Start date
Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Scott Hammer TOXIC

Reaction score
Ok, here's the deal. I've been contacted by Yamamoto to help develop some plastics for Walleye/Sauger fishing. I'm waaaay behind the curve on this topic so all of you "eye" guys give me some input. Maybe you'll even get a bait named after you!!:lol:

TOXIC

Here's Yamamoto's request:

It

Curly tail jigs would be a MUST! (something different?)

If they can get into the metal market (blade baits...which is HOT right now) and see some of the ones they use around here called a Vibe, that would be a great sales bait.

Walleye baits are a lil' trickier. You can't stick to one bait and expect to make it nowadays. It's take being versatile like Northland tackle or similar.

A thin Mud Fish shaped plastic (6 or 8 inches in length slightly larger in body than a plastic worm of that length) with a small single gold blade or prop at the front.

With Texas rigged hook, bump off the bottom or retrieve fast enough for the blade to spin.

I have rigged a worm this way(bright green)works well on sunny days.

cq

Hands down, the best soft plastic I have used/had success with for walleyes is a SLUGO.

The short, 3 inch model rigged on a small jig head...

I would think a senko could be modified to do this...

az

What we do need around here is a great minnow sub go on a 1 1/4 oz sauger jigs to fish in the swifter current for sauger. I've tinkered with the GULP bait, but it does not stay on that good. Fooling with the minnows is kind of a pain. These are used a lot below Pickwick on the TN River....This is a lot different than the swim baits you would use in shallower water.

Latest posts

Back