walking boat

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chris Hines

Reaction score
Hey guys and gals,

I have a 911 CDC. When I take a corner it wants to walk side to side. I have tried messing with my jack plate with no success. Besides the obvious, slowing down, is there any thing else I should try? It will do it from 40-70 mph. Below 40 it just grabs and turns on a dime. Thanks in advance.

Chris... 78mph? Is that GPS speed? What kind of prop are you running?

I have tried buring the trim and raising it to the max but that doesn't seem to help either.

Mike--- Yes 78, 4 gal gas 1 battery, no equipment, no trolling motor, just boat and motor. Oh and me.... With 2 people, gear, 1//2 tank ( of gas) I am running about 73-74. That's what my gps tells any way. But my hole shot.... well lets say I don't have one until I hit about 12-14 mph. I have tinkered around with that a little also. I had my dealer to install a vent kit. It helped a little but not anything major

trimming "up" in a turn will deffinitely not work,..but if you've trimmed way down and even lowered your jack plate, then I'd try a 4 blade prop if you don't have one on already....

I have tried a 4 blde but it cuts my speed way down. It also wants to walk on hard straight runs with a 4 blade.

Thanks

Hokey smokes! What happened to turn the key, hope it fires, and push the throttle down. The basics is as far as I get I guess.

Sounds like the prop is not gettin' enough bite...maybe more cup? Go to www.fishin.com and go to the prop section and ask the question to Rich Boger and see what he and his cronies on the board come up with...usually good info.

Good luck,

TEE

Geez,..you'd think the folks at TM would help him out....

Clunn runs a 911,...doesn't anybody at corporate know what his set-up is, or what Chris's should be??

Put Dan J. on the case,...he'll get the answer!!..LOL

Sick'em Dano!!

Tee... if his prop isn't getting enough bite and he's running 10mph more than me with the same basic setup, then I'm in DEEP trouble.

My 911 won't take turns well (or at least with any sharpness) at speed. Let off the gas while turning the wheel and nail it.. .of course, I'm also talking about making a speed run this way, then turning around and making a speed run the other way (tweaking setup, not fishing).

That's why the question mark there Mike...I'll shut up now since I can't make any suggestions to help.

If you are getting good lift and trying to make turns it will get unstable. My biggest factor in getting my 911 to stop walking was balancing my load.

If i trim down some i can turn pretty good.

Must let us know what prop your are running. That's better speed than i have ever heard from any 911 w/225 Opti. Fully loaded ur running 3-5 mph more than I and unloaded ur running 6mph more than me.

I run the 25p Trophy. It actually had better topend over the 25p Tempest and better lift.

Post a pic of your rig.

I don't want to turn a corner in a boat at 70 mph.

I have a solution, get a tin boat and you wont get over 40 mph to begin with.

See we tin owners have that advantage....Tin is the way to go. LOL

Just kidding

Wolf

Try a 25" Trophy, trimmed (blueprinted) for your load, and you'll solve many of the above handling issues. I've got a great guy locally (Lanier Props) as you most likely do. I've heard a lot of good things from Boger Props, too. Check the net for ideas on cost, then source a reputable prop shop. The few hundred spent is well worth it. IMHO

No comment on above posted speeds. A great hole shot with awesome handling while carrying a full load at 70mph GPS was good enough for me.

Hey guys - how much more do you think you pay on insurance if your boat can go over 60 mph?

david.....

...hhmmmm...according to my insurance agent,..my boat does 35 and that's considered FAST!! LOL!!! Infact,...when I told him it does 70, he said,.."NO!!,..it does 35!!"...I said,.."ooohhh kay!!,..yeah...it'll do 35!!"

and my mother-in-law's Viper does 55 (in second gear). Yeah, that's the ticket....;)

got that right!! I'd rather pay $300/year for full covereage on a 35mph boat,...than $500-600 for a 70mph one!!

Get a personal liability umbrella coverage and it won't make a difference. Covers you and what you are in, on, or near! (LOL!)

The insurance rates I'm familiar with are stats based on replacement cost, HP and hull.

Mine's based on all of that too, and my agent also fishes tournaments so he's familiar with what I need and don't need...as well as what his parent company deems as "racing" vs. "fishing"....so,..in a nut shell,..if he "tells" me my boat does 35mph and my rates are figured accordingly,...then I believe him!! ahahahah......I just send him a check and I get a nice all inclusive policy back in the mail...agents who fish are beautiful people!!!

Latest posts

Back