Wal-mart Annual Fishing Clearance Sale

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cass Caldwell2

Reaction score
Does anyone remember when Walmart does thier annual clearance sale on tackle? I've got some crazy good deals the past couple of years.

Thanks,

Cass

Varies by store as they sometimes move merchandise from one store to the other and put it on red-tag sales. Generally, the larger Wally Worlds carry the sales stuff. I still have about 400 pounds of lead from various sales over the years. I should probably melt it down and make the stuff I really need. LOL

The Walmart near me always have fishing tackle on sale year round.Feb they usually put a boat load on stuff on the racks discounted to a decent price.

I've already got just about everything they've got. I guess if they put Gammi hooks on sale I wouldn't mind.

I read on BFHP that Wal-Mart was getting out of fishing tackle because they were not sponsoring FLW anymore. I was in Wal-Mart a couple of days ago and I noticed they didn't have any guns in the rack. I asked the guy about it and he told me they aren't selling guns any more. I asked him about what I read about fishing tackle and he said as far as he knew they were still in the fishing tackle business.

Harpo

It seems like mid to late Feb. is when they put everything on sale.

Be careful about what you buy. I got what I thought was a great deal on a large spool of Berkeley monofilament. Turns out the entire spool had good bad. It felt right, handled right and looked new right up to the point when you put any stress on it - then it snapped. I made the mistake of respooling all my tackle with the "new" line. Ruined a day of fishing and caused a number of lost lures. Too bad manufacturers don't put expiration dates on line!!

Walmart did stop selling guns and ammo at a lot of their stores. That was a legal and market share deal. Rules and regulations vs profit and floor traffic. I am not an expert but I read to much I guess............:p

BF

The best deal I ever got was an $11 curado 200 when they became discontinued (obvious mistake). I also got a $49 one at another Walmart because it was a display. 2 curados in one day for 60 bucks wasn't bad :p

I'll start checking-out our WalMart for some clearnce deals, but not expecting much. Shelves have not been stocked with fishing gear since probably the middle of last last season. The sporting goods dept at our local Wally World seems more intent on selling camo hunting clothes and paintball supplies :rolleyes:

Well, I was in WalMart earlier this evening and went by and asked the sporting dept. sales associates when they would be getting their Spring stock in. One replied gruffly "we don't know!", and the other one kinda chuckled and stated "after the first snow". I replied...."so that means it'll never happen?", and walked off. That store definitely needs new associates and dept mgr! There were other disgruntled customers staring at the dwindling stock on the shelves and mumbling also. :rolleyes:

Clearance in progress here in SW Michigan...

Bought one of my favorite spinning reals (Shimano Spirex) this weekend for $45...for that price I might go get another one....8 isn't too many, is it???

Got about 10 packs of eagle claw worm hooks for $1 each too...

az

Latest posts

Back