Vindication

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Terry Heydt

Reaction score
Returned to the resevoir tonight with the wife, 12-lb test on the spool, and a vengeful spirit knowing that somewhere in that puddle was a big fat bass with a grin on his face (and quite possibly a 3/0 hook still in his lip).

Went over to the fallen tree. Since last time he hit a PowerCraw, wife said she was gonna start with one of those. Put on a white slim Senko and pitched a purdy lob right onto the soft part on the part of the tree still above water. S-l-o-w-l-y walked it to the edge, and 'plopped' it in the little hole in the branches were last we met. The split second the Senko touched the water the surface boiled and the Senko disappeared in a splash. Knew right away though, this wasn't him. Landed a very nice 3.5 lb LM, respectable fish for this area. As I'm re-tieing to try again, I watch with the wife as some little kids who were dangling worms to sunnies left their perch on a catwalk out to the little pumphouse. Before leaving, they dump a whole container of nightcrawlers off the catwalk and leave the styrofoam container lying on the ground. We both shook our heads, wife said, "I'll go get it". After picking up the container, she walked out on the catwalk to pick up some other trash. While there, she dropped her line with the PowerCraw in the water...right where the nightcrawlers had been dumped.

Next thing I hear is a very unlady-like explative. Look over to see my wife up on the catwalk, look of "whaduIdonow" on her face, and the AllStar rod bent sharply 170 degrees downward, trying to haul what is obviously a large fish straight up out of the water. She kept screaming "the rod's gonna snap!" Told her it's an AllStar - we'll send the pieces back with a picture of the fish, don't worry about it. =^)

Walked her down off the catwalk helping her keep the line clear. End of story - one veeeery sweet 5.3 lb LM landed... Left a little wet, considerably muddy, but feeling avenged. Nothing makes a heartbreaker heal better than some sweet vengence... =^)

A fitting end!! I went out on Anna in the heat and the sun, found a shady bank and tied on a SPRO red crank (I thought the buckets would be feeding on craws) and BAM first cast, I've got the rod butt buried in my gut hauling back for all I'm worth all the while thinkin', I finally got my citation bass!! Couldn't turn the fish and resolved to fight for a while......long story short, a 12lb channel cat. RATS!!

TOXIC

But it was fun!!

Yeah...but it was a fun battle. If it had been a little smaller, I might have tossed it in the well. I am in the mood for some catfish nuggets, conbread, coleslaw and corn on the cob!! He was just too big though.

TOXIC

Latest posts

Back