V18 Battery Compartment

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Teds_V18

Reaction score
Well, after 6 fishing trips with my new (to me) 2008 Tournament V18 the TM battery seems to be shot. I think both batteries are original from when it was new...so they definitely have some age on them. Although the starting battery seems fine, it has a date stamp of 1/09, so I am going to replace both batteries.

What I am a little irritated about is....the lid opening for the battery compartment is 6 1/2" wide...and most all batteries including the ones in the boat are 6 3/4" wide. This is one of the craziest design flaws I have ever seen. I literally had to take part of the decking off the boat to take the batteries out.

If Tracker had designed this piece of the deck with the hinge even 1" over (toward the front of the boat)....the lid would open with plenty of room to remove the batteries. But as it stands....this part of the rear deck (that has the battery compartment lid and the platform for the pedestal seat) has to be removed. It has at least a dozen self tapping metal screws that screw into a thin plate of aluminum....which I'm sure will strip out after being removed and reinstalled a few times.

End of rant..... :) . I do love the boat and it is a pleasure to fish out of. But one would think that after several years of production....they would have fixed this annoying problem.

Ted, thats strange. I have a 2005, and after reading your post, I measured the lid opening
on my battery compartments and they are 9 7/8 x 17 3/4. I cant imagine changing something
that already works. Larry in western Ky.

Latest posts

Back