Unexpected Trip

• Thread starter Scott Hammer TOXIC
  • Start date
Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Scott Hammer TOXIC

Reaction score
Well folks, I am sitting in the Orlando airport waiting on a flight to Nebraska. My father is in ICU and they are keeping him alive until I can get there. Quick end to a very hard life. I am OK with it since its not totally unexpected but still.....I really wanted to get him to Florida for a last trip and we were planning it but he went down fast. Liver has shut down and other organs are expected to follow shortly. Breathing and feeding tubes will come out as soon as I get there. Its what he would have wanted but call me selfish, I want to be there.

TOXIC

Sorry to hear that. I hope you are able to make it to say good bye. Big hug!!

Scott

Sorry, hear about your Dad. He is in our prayer's.

Steve

Lost my Dad a year ago. Never easy no matter the situation.

Your dad, you and your family are in our prayers.

Randy!

So sorry to hear that Tox...peace be with you my friend:(

Tox,

Sorry to hear about your dad. Prayers for you and your family.

Sorry to hear your bad news. You and your dad are in our thoughts.

Scott

That's a drag,....your family will be in our thoughts and prayers!! I remember that moment well...my brother and I were by my dad's side when he passed away...hard to believe it was 9 years ago! My brother had to fly in from Australia!! He got into town about 6pm...and dad died 7 hours later.

Tox, my thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

Buzz

AW man that sucks Tox. Just lost my Mom and then Dad had a heart attack last month. I know how it is and my best thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. Are you going to Omaha?

Mike

fatrap

Expected or not... it is a hard moment to endure. My family's thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

Prayers are coming up from Louisiana. It's hard to lose a parent. I feel for you.

Barry from Louisiana:(

Very sad to hear this Scott. God Bless your Dad and hold him close. God Bless you and your family during this time of sorrow and grief also. Travel well and remember that your Dad is always with you, here on Earth or up high in Heaven. My family's prayers are with you, too. I am so sorry bro...

Dang Scott, I know its an understatement, but man, that sucks!

My mom passed in '04, we all saw it coming but it was still tough!

Scott, I'm so sorry to hear that. Our prayer will be with you and your family tonight!!

God grant you much courage, strength and comfort in this Scott. I'll be praying for you.

God Bless you and yours Tox.

All the best,

Glenn

Sorry to hear the bad news. Add our thoughts and prayers as well.

Gene

Scot - Be safe and our thoughts are with you and the rest of the family.

Tox, im sorry to hear that:(:(:( My thought are with you and your family.

My brother,

I am so sorry to hear this.

Know that you and your family will be in our thoughts and prayers.

Semper Fidelis

Carlos

Sorry to hear Tox. We lost Cathy's mom on Nov. 2. There is no easy way to deal with it, even when you know it's coming. God bless you and your family. Travel safe.

BruceM

Thinking of you Toxic....take care. Lost my dad to cancer 21 years ago and my brother last year....it's not easy. God Bless.

I can certainly understand where you are coming from. My wife just went through almost the same exact thing with her 90 year old Mother last year. Very tough.

Our thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

Tex

Sorry to hear about it, we've been on call for a couple months for my wife's grandmother. I hope the trip goes as well as it can. We'll keep your family in our thoughts and prayers.

Sorry to hear Tox. Safe travels. All the best to you and your family.

Thanks to my NTOWS family. I probably experienced the most surreal event of my life.

Got a call from the Docs as I was changing planes in Milwaukee that it did not look good and they were giving him blood in the hopes that he could hold on. Longest 1 1/2 hour flight I have ever taken in my life. Hit the terminal running and went to the rental car booth (Executive Isle at National rent a car) and told the girl behind the counter that I did not "want" a 4x4 I "require" one and if they didn't have one in exactly 5 seconds, I was going to the next counter. I got one and through the sleet and snow I drove like a maniac trying to get to the hospital. Get there and the road was closed getting in from one direction and to go around would have taken another 15-20 minutes. I can tell you the commercials for the Tahoe ought to have included the drive I made. I 4 wheeled right through the construction axle deep in mud and snow, I never let off the gas until I launched out the other side. Slid sideways into the parking lot and ran to the ICU. Got in his room and the ICU nurse said we're loosing him. They exited the room I leaned over, said my goodbye, told him it was ok and to have a good trip, I would see him again on the other side. He squeezed my hand and his heart stopped. I was exactly 45 seconds after I walked into his room.

God truly does work in mysterious ways.

My wife was trying to track down my father's sister's number in Utah while I was in the air and when I talked to my father's friend who brought him to the hospital, he told me my father got a call right before they left that she passed last Friday. I'm just not able to digest that yet.

Thanks again to each and every one of you it has helped me more than you can imagine.

TOXIC

Scott,

I am sure your Dad was ready to move onto to the next chapter and just stuck around long enough to say goodbye to you. Life is a series of short trips and long journeys for all of us. Your Dad's last was a short trip. I hope your journey of working through your grief is also a short one. I took a bit of time learning to deal with my best friend and father not being with me physically. As the time passed I reasoned it out that he was still very much along for the ride every time I got into a boat, took out a fishing rod or gun. In many ways he's with me more now that I hold him close to my heart in all of my good memories. If you look at your times together and sift through all of the good times, they will become little snippets like movie clips and they will start to bring a smile to your face as they play out in your mind. Let those good memories replace your grief.

My prayers are for you and your family. Your Dad is at peace.

Scott you have my Prayers and your family also..I have been thru It.You hang In there my friend...JR

I am so sorry to hear about your Aunt and the troubles in your journey, but I'm so glad you got to be with your Dad before his passing, even if only briefly. Take some comfort in knowing that his sister and our Lord will be waiting for your Dad with their arms wide open. Make sure to take care of yourself and your loved ones as you work your way through this sorrow. God Bless you all and welcome your Dad and Aunt with His everlasting love.

Tox, thoughts, sympathy and prayers for you and your family. God Bless.

Scott, Very sorry to read about your father's passing. I am glad you got there in time to say goodbye. My thoughts are with you and your family during this difficult time. Hugs!

Scott,

My heartfelt sorrow is felt for you and your family.:( Nancy and I will say a prayer for all of you along with sending our best wishes.

I'm sorry my friend..

Uncle Billy

Toxic, take care of yourself and family. I bet he's super proud looking down over you from his mansion in the sky. Honor him with your life....

So sorry to hear about your dad.Our thoughts and prayers are with you and family

Tox,

Very sorry to hear about your Dad and Aunt but happy to hear that you were able to see him before he passed.

Love & prayers going out to you and your family.

Sue & Frank

Tox,

So sorry to hear. Been too busy to get here to find out.

God bless you and your family!

Latest posts

Back