Under seat cooler??

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dave Ervin

Reaction score
I have an 05 Nitro NX882. Is there a cooler under one of the seats or is it under the middle seat? I don't believe the middle seat comes up or has storage under neath.

Dave

My 901 passenger seat has wet storage. Also middle seat comes out and turns into a step.

The 882 has a cooler under the passenger seat. Mine doesn't keep cold very long but it's better than nothing.

I have a cooler under the passenger seat of my NX882. Just a step under the middle seat. The cooler did not work well when I first got the boat, so I glued some styrofoam insulation to the bottome side of the fiberglass on top and added a rubber gasket around the opening. I used a piece of door jamb gasket from advance autoparts and now it is still not a YETI but at the end of a 10hr summertime tournament, I still have cold drinks and a little ice in the cooler.

damn BamaNX882 what a great idea i have a cooler under my middle seat of my 1997 185 SF and the ice melts damn fast im going to try what you did

Did the same thing to my cooler a couple years ago. Bought a half inch 4x8 sheet of aluminum backed insulation sheathing at lowes and cut it to fit. I then used some super duper velcro to hold it in place so I could remove it from time to time to clean out the cooler. Holds the ice great.

Latest posts

Back