Ultra-light reels and fluorocarbon?

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Staci Matheis

Reaction score
Is 4# fluorocarbon line too stiff to be used on small, ultra-light spinning reels such as Shimano's 500 size?

I currently use mostly Stren Lo-Vis Clear in 2# or 4# when fishing for trout in Missouri's streams. Is there any significant difference in visibility to spooky fish like trout between clear mono and fluorocarbon in these small diameters?

I've decided to forget about using the Fireline on one rod because it's just too much trouble to keep retying leaders and the like.

me?

I'm curious about this also. Too good a question to let die. C'mon somebody, we gots to know!

Gene

It is stiff, however, spool it up 1/8" shy of full and make sure you got the line trapped before you release the bail and you should be ok...

Ken, have you actually fished with it on the smaller-sized reels?

me?

6LB is the smallest I've on lite gear, and it was manageable so 4lb should be a little better...I use mono on all my ultra-lite stuff though....p-line is extremely strong stuff with smaller diameter, so you can use 6lb for strength with only a 4lb diameter.

What is "p-line"? I went to the BPS site and didn't see any such name listed.

I don't have a master catalog.....

Address, if you wanna send me one, is:

303 Village Drive

Glen Carbon, IL 62034

Thanks!

me!

On it's way....if anyone else needs one, just go to the BPS web-site and they'll send you one.

Thank you!

I didn't go to the web site for one because I thought they charged you.

OK Scott,...with service like that,..the next time you go endorsing Cabela's,...you will be severely reprimanded and ridiculed!! When's the last time you had a personal contact there coddle to your every need?? LOL

"Coddle"? Uh..... Mac..... If I'm gonna be "coddled" - I'd like it to be by someone other than Ken..... I AM looking for a volunteer! Just one!

However, when it comes to providing EXCEPTIONAL CUSTOMER SERVICE - there ain't none better'n Mr. Kneeley!

Maybe next Spring, Ken..... There IS an 882 or 901 in my future!

Thanks again, Ken!

me!

Latest posts

Back