TV - 18 Transom Woes

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Scott Smith

Reaction score
Well folks, the saga of my boat continues. Stopped by the BPS Auburn Hills Boat Center on Saturday all giddy to be reunited with my boat and to talk pontoons with Marke. I located my TV - 18 in the building and upon seeing her it was like getting sucker punched in the gut.

I'll start out with the transom repair. The warranty center installed the transom knee brace kit in my boat. Its got alot more bolt heads stickin out the rear of the transom now, it looks good and strong. We shall see. Now on to the bad. They caulked my splashwell with clear silicone, not only does clear silicone look like hell, but it appears that they have hired a 5 year old kid to apply the caulk as it's a very sloppy job. They removed my transducer cable from the rear of the transom when they made the repair. When they reinstalled the cable, and the cable guide screws, they did not remove the old white caulk from the holes, they merely slopped some clear silicone over the old white stuff. The two tone caulk job really looks nice...!!! And now for the worst of it. When they shrink wrapped my boat for the trip back, it was done improperly. The tops of my gunwhales are scuffed and scratched to hell. The decaled areas on both sides of my boat are scuffed up to the point of needing to be replaced. My motor cowling is scuffed beyond repair. And finally, I found a small piece of black electrical tape covering up what appears to be a gash in the black decal area on the left side of the boat about midship. First Class All The Way...!!!

I was informed that when the shrink wrap was removed at the dealer, it had my boat paint all over the inside of it where it rubbed.

Well needless to say I'm pissed, and it appears that Neeley shares that feeling with me.

Once again, pictures were taken to be sent to HQ and here I sit waiting some more.......the saga continues...

Smitty

smitty,

i'd be pissed too as that doesn't sound good at all. the part about the black tape covering up a scratch on the decal would set me off as somebody was tryin to hide something. THAT looks really really BAD coming from the manufacutures warranty center. It sounds like tracker needs to do some additional training in the warranty department and bring some arse whuppin attention to quality work and hire another trucking company. that paint on the motor cowling is pretty tough stuff to just rub off. it is almost sounding like tracker might be better off giving you a new boat before they completely total that one. on a good note, hang in there as ken and marke will take care of you. sounds like everything is fixable except maybe the scratches in the gunwhale (new caulk job, new motor cowling, and new decals) and maybe they wont have to ship it back to be re-repaired.

jd

Hang in there Smitty...

As you know, us TV-18 owners love our boats...

However, when the boat we "have" become different from the boat we "bought" that love is challenged...

Keep us posted on the developments,

az

Smitty...I HAVE been down that road(not the TV18 but,a 185)....give me an e-mail shot and I'll tell what road I had to take to get a NEW boat. Bottom line is...Tracker has some good and some BAD dealers that I wouldn't let touch my boat let alone redoing the transom.Every time I went to pick-up my boat after repairs it was worse than before.Hang in there....

TEE

TEE,

We haven't touched Smitty's boat, it went back to the factory for the repairs as he stated above.

Smitty,

I know how you feel but read my post on a "satsfied customer" and the response from TRACKER management---their motto is "do the right thing". They have not done the right thing to you. Take it up to higher management. Your dealer should not let that boat be turned over to you. It will self-destruct over time. We did all the research on the 2000 TV18 with a 150HP and the conclusion was it could not be repaired.

Ken,

I do wish that you all were closer to where I live. I woudl even try to talk the wife into on of the new Tundras!!!

Carlos

Sorry Ken....didn't mean you! YOU ARE THE GREATEST!!! and everybody on this site says so.

TEE

TEE,

Thanx, but I wasn't fishing for a compliment!!!

Just wanted to clarify who performed the work.

We new it wasn't you Ken as the word "work" was used and we know that you don't know what that is..

i was just to the ft washington show talking to a tracker dealer.the sales rep there told me they(tracker)fixed the probl;em with the tv18's within 6 months of the initial finding of it.when the 2000's were found with the problem,within 6 months of production the problem was solved?

fishy story?possibly!couldnt tell ya if it is or not.but i find it humerous that if the problems were solved so quick,why are 2001-2002's still problematic? a sales tactic?probally.would i buy from this dealer,after all the info i have amassed here?NOPE!

Let me clarify something here IT'S NOT THE DEALERS FAULT..!! This is the second time down this road for me with the warranty repair center, I'm very well educated in how they work and I knew exactly what I was in store for when I started this ordeal for the second time. Of course I wanted them to give me a new boat..!! Who would'nt..? But they decided to repair it. I can scream and stomp my feet all I want over that decision but it won't do me any good. Nor will it do any good for the dealer to tell them I need a new boat. They don't care or listen. If they did my boat would have arrived back at the dealer in BETTER shape than when I dropped it off.

Yes my boat is in bad shape right now, yes I'm pissed off about it. It WILL be fixed to my satisfaction and of course I won't take it back until it is.

Oh, and one last thing. They WON'T be getting any warm and fuzzy thank-you emails from me.

Smitty

Sorry Smitty...that was part my fault.As far as whether it was not the dealer....in my opinion makes it worse. I tried going thru the dealer( which is what headquarters recommended) and still had to go thru the factory and finally got some satisfacion.Your right...stompin' your feet and screamin' won't get it but, when the Credit Union got involved with MY satisfaction argument...Tracker was told that the check was being held! If it was not for that...I don't know I would have got a new boat.I did have a little advantage because it was not a done deal yet.

TEE

Smitty....I got some new info....call me on my cell when you can, Sheryl has the number.

Smitty Sorry to hear about your problems, I can relate. Good luck getting anything out of tracker, the few that they do help are very lucky. Tracker has only one thing in mind and that is the mighty dollar. When I listen to tracker and the service manager, tracker was looking to find anyone they could to pay for the needed repairs. What a joke.

It must be nice to have a service center that goes the extra mile for a customer. The one I use don't even fix the stuff I turn in let alone the extras I hear about. I was told by my tire shop that the tires on my trailer are 3 yrs old and my boat is only 1, they wont break the bead as it might pull the tire apart (trying to get rid of tracker print and adding lemons to the side). oh and by the way paint on a tin boat is stupid, my TV-18 is scratching like mad. becoming a total piece of crap. 2001 TV-18 For Sale !!!

Charlie

Nick De please post a link to the post "satsfied customer" I would like to read the responce also but couldn't find it.

Thanks

Charlie

Charlie,

It's (7) posts above this one or you can SEARCH for "satisfied customer" words.

Charlie -

Go to the very top of the page and click on the black area labeled "Preferences".

Then set it so that messages with the "most recent replies" appear first.

That will make it much easier for you to follow what's going on!

me!

Latest posts

Back