Trouble with my Sport jet engine

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Michael Berninger

Reaction score
I just bought this Bass Tracker 185 Pro Team Jet with a 120 hp engine. We put it in the water went less than 2 miles when it bogged down and seemed hot. I shut her down immediately and used my trolling motor to go back to the dock. I checked the grate and no blockage there. Stumped!

Did I get screwed in the deal? The seller seemed honest and the boat we immaculately clean and well cared for.

Any ideas where to start? What to check? I checked the compression top cylinder 125 & all bottom 3 cylinders 145.

Depending on how long the boat has been sitting. My first thought is bad or stale gas?

BF

First, just like any engine you have an end problem and you need to so to the beginning. The questions you need to ask are 1. is it getting fuel and 2. is it getting spark. Start with those first and we will give you all of the "other" things if that is not the answer. Primer bulb...clogged carb...kinked fuel line...power pack, etc. Also you might just want to put in a "nice" call to the previous owner, nobody knows the boat like him. Keep us posted.

TOXIC

Back