Trolling motor installation

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rey Gonzalez

Reaction score
Minn Kota and motorguide mounting plate holes align the same?

I have on my nitro 640lx a fresh water 46 thrust with a 36 shaft and I want to upgrade to a bigger motor and a 42 shaft and I like Minn Kota but not sure if the mounting holes will fit on the existing one... If anyone knows or has going thru this please advise... Thank you guys in advance...:huh:

When I changed, one of the side panels on the MK came off and then the holes aligned. Then I just put he side panel back on.

I just finished replacing a Motorguide with a Minn Kota on my 640lx and the holes lined up perfectly. It is difficult to get to the bolts but if you look for a post from earlier this week, Glenn explains how to do it. Thanks again Glenn.

Dennis

As mentioned the holes might or might not line up but you can remove the side panel from the Minnkota and there is another set of holes that will line up.

NoCAL

I decide to stay an installed a motorguide fresh water 45 shaft and 75 thrust, this motorguide came with the tour series breakaway mount. I'm dyen to test the power of the motor on all the heave vegetation of Central Florida (kissimmee Chain / Ockeechobe; I used to struggle with the 45 thrust in most of the lakes that I have to fish... The installation only took me 15 mnts...

But Now I have some other questions since this New throlling motor it's a 24v...

First, do I need to change anything regarding the charger? I have a Guess 2 banks... Do I need to change any fuse or something?

Second, Now that I need to jump battery A with battery B, What gauge wire sized do I need to use to jump battery A and B?:unsure:

Latest posts

Back