Trolling motor info please!

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Steve Johansen

Reaction score
Hi,

I have a 1993 Nitro 190 DC and I believe the trolling motor is the original. The markings say Pro Series 45. Would that make it a 45lb thrust in your opinion?

It is a 12/24 Volt system with a switch on the pedal to switch between the two. The guy I bought it from said that he thinks it is 45lbs with a 12V feed and 90lbs with 24V but I find that hard to believe being that it is a 1993.

Why I am wanting to know is because I am looking at buying a new motor and want to know what I have now so I can figure out how much of a motor I need. I'm thinking that biggest is best but I want to stick with 24V.

Thanks, in advance!

Yes,...you have a 45lb thrust 12/24 motor........it is NOT a 90lb when used w/24volts. You have 45lbs with either 12 OR 24 volts,..it's just that when using 24volts, you're drawing power from both batteries instead of the one.......giving you more time on the water between re-charging. With a new 24volt motor, you can get @ 76-80+lb's of thrust! ;)

When I switch between 12 and 24 volt there is a HUGE difference in power. It switches the 2 batteries from running parallel to running in series. Yes, on 12v the motor will run a lot longer but the power just isn't there for a bigger boat. I always run it on 24V for the extra power. I don't think it's correct to say that it is 45lbs of thrust in either setting.

I'm looking at a new motor with 84 lbs of thrust (I think it's 84 anyways!). With the new technology in motors am I going to find the new motors using any more or less battery power? In other words, I have never had a problem on a marathon day of fishing with the motor I have now, but will the new motor still last all day with 2 charged batteries?

Thanks again!

Steve

Absolutely!! The new motors are actually more efficient than the older ones...you'll have no problem fishing all day on 24volts with a 84lb thrust motor.

Latest posts

Back