Trep Gave Me A Great Idea...I'm not responsible

• Thread starter Greg Meyer [URL]http://www.nsbass.com[/URL]
  • Start date
Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Greg Meyer

Reaction score
In a serious post Trep gave us some good information...

I have lifted and modified a part of the press release for use by me in all future responses to the question of "How do you think you'll do today...? (fishing tournaments). May I suggest that you also consider adopting a similar disclaimer. This is government intrusion into the private affairs of men...taken to new heights...(Don't get me started on why we need to take the warning labels OFF lawn mowers, handguns, power tools, etc.)

Sample Use Illustration...

Wife (fellow angler, local outdoor press, etc.) asks me;

"How do you think you'll do today?"

I reply; "Gonna WIN!" Then I had him a pre-printed form that contains the following:

Cautionary Statement for purposes of the Safe Harbor Provisions of the 2001 HG Meyer Private Fudge Factor Fishing Report and Litigation Reform Act. The statements in this document or in documents incorporated by reference herein that are not historical facts are forward-looking statements as that term is defined in Section 21E of the said Act that involve a number of risks or uncertainties. The actual results of the future events, including expectations of the fishing success in the 2002 fishing and boating season could differ materially from those stated in such forward-looking statements. Among the factors that could cause actual results to differ materially are: the impact of seasonality and weather, general water conditions and the level of discretionary reproduction and growth by the fish, the identification of new fishing methods, as well as the suitability of old methods and the selection of general areas to fish and the suitability of tackle, including, size, color, and presentation as well as the cooperation of individual and groups of fish and my ability to integrate new methods and apply methods into existing operations. These and numerous other risk factors were identified in the Report on the enrty form for this tournament for fiscal year 2000 and other documents filed of record."

I think that about covers it...until the weigh in where a new and different form of Fudge Factor Disclaimer will be required....Hmmmm...."When in the course of human events it becomes necessary for one fisherman to dissolve the ....

http://www.nsbass.com

I think you left a few "other factors" out:

- wife calling you home early (or calling you anything else while on the boat)

- acts of god (or is that the same as the above?)

- Idiot boat owners scaring my fish away

Hey, I think we are on to something...if everybody will contribute their best modification factor for "forward looking statements" we can create the ultimate disclaimer...have it printed on that waterproof map paper or even have it engraved on a small plaque and mount it on the side of the boat!!!
http://www.nsbass.com

You guys completely forgot about proper allignment of the planets and the bassus' right to waive participation to the events mentioned herein! Thus allowing them to cancel their end of the contract without prior notice or cause, releasing them from any current or future obligation associated with said tournament; for the sake and duration of any specified time stated now or at a later date. Failure to acknowledge this addendum forfeits your ability to bid for contract of services offered by the bassus! Dem bassus luv sparkles! (c)

I do a lot of business with public authorities!

Latest posts

Back