transducer mounting

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brantley moats

Reaction score
Question for Hummingbird Greg:

If I use the Hummingbird 898SI Combo or the 798 HDSI Combo for my console mounted sonar (not in dash) with a jack plate mounted transducer, as I understand it, I will need another transducer for high speed readings which will be mounted inside the hull and will be a epoxied to hull. What are the part #'s of the splitter (maybe called y cable) and the extra transducer. I will also need a rocker switch to toggle between the two transducers. Does hummingbird furnish this switch or do I order it somewhere else? Will there be instructions for mounting the transducer on the jackplate, I'm pretty handy at fabricating aluminum brackets which is what I think I will need to do the jack plate mounting.

brantley

The connection for the two transducers is the AS SIDB Y cable. It disconnects the 83/200 kHz crystal in the SI tranducer and connects the shoot-thru XP 9 20 transducer in its place.

No switches or automatic switching or menu changes, plug and go.

IF you want to use a switch to choose which transducer to use, that would be the TS3 switch, but you wouldn't use the Y cable with that and you have to change the Transducer Select in the menu each time you changed switch positions.

For that setup you would use the XP 9 20 T shoot-thru which has a remote temp sensor.

In all cases, those are accessories that you have to purchase. Only the Side Imaging transducer is supplied with the unit.

No, there are no instructions for jackplate mounting, that comes under the catagory of common sense. Some choose the Transducer Shield and Saver mount and "L" bracket for the side of a jack plate.

If you don't want a lot of close object echos displayed non the SI and DI views, it is best to attach the SI tranducer on the underside of the jackplate using a hole shot plate.

The transducer "sees" from the water's surface to past vertical under the transducer on both sides. It will record echos from the inside of an uncovered jackplate.

Latest posts

Back