Trailer wiring

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I just acquired a 99 Nitro NX882 and am having problems with my trailer lights. This is my first boat/trailer so this all a little new to me. The trailer wiring harness has 7 wires but only 5 go into a plug. The plug on the tow vehicle is a 4 pin. Trail and marker lights work on the left side of trailer but not the right. Both rear lights will come on when brakes are applied but neither turn signals work. Im stumped, any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

You have a bad ground. There should be one bolted to the tounge of the trailer and one on each side bolted to the trailer. The white wire is the ground. You need to remove the screws and claen up the connections and possibly replace the ring terminals and screws. once you have a good solid clean ground the lights should be ok. while you are at it i would check every connector on the trailer where the running lights are and make sure they arent corroded.

Josh,

The 5th wire is for the brake lockout solenoid which will prevent the brakes from being applied in reverse. Since you have a 4 wire plug, you will need to make a connection for the blue wire (5th wire) to your reverse light power wire. I personally would recommend you buy a five flat plug for the tow vehicle side and run your "new" blue wire to that plug and connect the rest as needed.

Latest posts

Back