Trailer wiring -

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Thomas Macaluso

Reaction score
I need some help on trailer wiring for my 929 trailer . looking at the plug on the trailer does anyone know the what color wire is for what light on the trailer ?

White is ground, Brown is running lights the Green and Yellow are brake and turn but I don't remember which is right and which is left, the other 1 is for the brake lock so you can back up. I hope that helps some

BF

Bruce

I know that whit is ground and the blue is I believe for the back up lights ,I have a brown with a yellow stripe and brown with a green stripe coming out of the same female end . Then there are a solid green and a solid yellow wire ??

Tom it goes as follows

white=ground

blue= back up lights

green= right brake light/turn signal

yellow= left brake light/turn signal

brown= running lights

Id bet the brown with the stipe is to differentate what side of the traler for the runing lights, not that i matters much. What kind of problem are you having? Im sure i can help, i have wired many a trailer over the years. Get yourself a meter or a test light if you need to check for voltage on any of the wires if you are trying to isolate a problem.

Tom: Have him go to an auto parts store and purchase and inline adapter. Plugs into the factory harness you don't have to cut/splice or guess. For the money they are well worth it.

BF

WELL worth it. He wont have the problems with corrosion as you will with a quick splice.

You can also always take a 12v source (a small battery will work) and hook up the wires to it to see for yourself.

Mini

Back