Trailer wiring diagram

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Alex Peterson

Reaction score
My rear running lights recently stopped working and I can't figure it out what is wrong. I definitely know its not my truck because the lights still dont' work when I hooked it up to my buddies car. I can't really trouble shoot the wiring since its all inside the frame so I've decided I am just going to buy some wire and run new lines from the plug to the lights on the back and just use ties to strap the wire to the trailer. Anyhoo....does anyone have any type of diagram that will help me wire this correctly? What colors go where....if any wires are split to both lights....etc...

Thanks,

Alex

Well right after I posted that I found a diagram....

Here it is in case anyone else could use it....

http://www.championtrailers.com/4%20pole%20wiring%20dia.pdf

Also check the fuse box on your truck dude, my silverado had some fuses out when we thought it was my trailer all along. Just a thought.

Thanks muskyman,

I knew it wasn't an issue with my truck because I hooked the trailer up to my buddies car and the same lights stayed out.

I ended up spending a few hours last night troubleshooting it and I found out that both the rear lights were bad. I didn't think this was the problem at first since they both went out at the same time and that the bulbs looked good. I finally have my first bad thing to say about my Tracker......when you pop off the red covers on the lights there is a sealed case inside and you can't replace the lightbulbs. I ended up buying two new light assemblies, mounted and wired them, now everything works great.

After replacing 3 rear light modules on my trailer, I finally went back to my old system of unplugging the lights before launching and loading.

Haven't had a problem since, (about 2 1/2 yrs).

At some point in the future, I'll replace them with the new solid state LEDs.

RoyC

Back