Trailer Tires

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Donald Prater

Reaction score
Well finally had my first experience with the trail master tire on my trailer. On the way to the lake the whole side of one of them blew out. Less than 1500 miles on it. Took care of the problem today. I ordered my Goodyear Marathon Radials today from Sams Club. Total for two was $217.63 mounted and balanced. Not Bad thanks for all the guys on this forum for the information.

I blew a brand new marathon a month ago less than 250 miles on it. Always keep an eye on them.

fatrap

Im sure it was afluke. I ran them on my Nitro's trailer for seven years no sweat.

Marathons were my tire of choice for all my trailers but I started reading too many horror stories on them. My last set were Canadian made Marathons (they have plants all over the world) and the most problems seem to be coming from their China facility. That being said, I did buy another Chinese tire on the advise of my independent trailer shop. Powerking Towmax. I just hauled them 2,200 miles and everything is good. BTW, those Marathons that I took off are now on a Gambler trailer running around VA, I personally did not have an idea of their age but they had some tread left. I would wager they were a 2005 tire.

I will put all this in the back of my head, plenty of room "nothing else there", if I need to travel. I trailer less than 1/4 mile.

cq

Latest posts

Back