Trailer Tires

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tornado

Reaction score
Just out of curiousity, what kind of trailer tires does everyone have and what is your recommendation for a replacement tire. I currently have Goodyear Marathons but had a blow out on one of the tires.

Goodyear Marathons are about as good as they get. Don't get discouraged by a blow-out on one of them. If properly inflated (50psi), they last.

Seriously - That's a hard thing for me to say too - because I hate Goodyear tires on anything else. My old Dodge Ram, new Dodge Ram, and wifes Jeep all came from the factory with Goodyear tires - they never last, don't grip worth a darn, make noise, etc, etc, etc.... 2003 Dodge got replacement BF Goodrich, wifes Jeep got replacement Michelin, current Dodge Ram will get either Michelin or ????

OK... I'm off the soapbox. :p:lol:

All the best,

Glenn

Tee,

Really? I hadn't seen anyone use them, so I just looked them up. Interesting. Cheaper price than the Goodyears, and a pretty good looking tire too.

How have yours held up? Any issues at all? Wear?

All the best,

Glenn

Ill second the goos years as well. I have only had one flat running them for many years and that was caused by debris in a construction zone, got one on the truck too at the same time...

Like Glenn its hard for me to recommend a good year tire but the marathons are the exception.

The only experence i have never had with carlisle is on my fathers boat trailer. He had 3 tread seperations in like 2 years. He only trailers ~1000 miles a year tops and mostly in town not freeway. His boat is also not very heavy and is well within the weight rating of the tires. He is also as fanatical about maintaing his stuff as i am so i know for a fact thay were at full pressure and balanced etc. He switched to marathons and has not had another issue since. The problems he had are anough to make me never but them.

I have "trail america" tires on my Z7 trailer and im not too impressed with them. After only a year they are starting to dryrot. They are wearing ok but the dryrot will be an issue sooner then later. I will be replacing these with marathons.

No probs after three seasons. The bias plies I had on it wore out in no time.

Seems since Goodyear has their trailer tires made in China now...the quality has went downhill.

Some over at the BBC have been using Maxxis tires with good luck.

I run the carlisle on mine (because I sell them) work and last great. My 3 year old good years both broke belt about a week a part. So I put the two new one on the boat and made the good year spare a spare again.

BF

Just like everything else, you are going to find good and bad with every brand. If you look on the sidewall of the Marathons, it says where they were made (China/Canada, etc.). I run them and have not had a problem. The only thing I'm positive of is that there won't be any car tires on my trailer.

TOXIC

re: Trailer Tires by TOXIC,6/25/2009 06:38 ET

Just like everything else, you are going to find good and bad with every brand. If you look on the sidewall of the Marathons, it says where they were made (China/Canada, etc.). I run them and have not had a problem. The only thing I'm positive of is that there won't be any car tires on my trailer.

TOXIC

My Marathons say made in New Zealand. Must be the ETC part.:lol:

Latest posts

Back