Trailer lock recommendation

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Travis Dean

Reaction score
I've got the master lock bar that goes ontop ye ball hit h receiver but I feel like a thief could easy bust through it. Does anyone know a good brandmodel to protect my new investment from theft. Thanks

I use a Master Lock 605DAT solid brass lock. Costs about $10, and I feel you would have to make a fair bit of noise to remove it.

FYI, I don't leave the pin in the swing away tongue. At least they will be pissed when they turn right after they steal it.

I agree about making noise might deter most thieves. I put a pin long through my swing away and it could be busted off but by the time they get through both locks they've worked for it. On the swing away tongues it occurred to me that a person could remove the pin, undo the bolt and at their own tongue if they were that prepared even with the other two locks. So I lock the receiver, the tongue and the swing away part. None of these locks seem super strong, but they would be a pain in the butt. You can't stop the best crooks but you can try to keep most people honest.

My '03 trailer is rusting so bad it might be doing me a favor if it got stolen. Chris F.

I use one of these.

http://photographmyproduct.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/08/product_trailer_lock1.jpg

If it stops most people from thinking about it, I am good. I realize any good theif with proper tools will cut this off in seconds...... :wacko:

Latest posts

Back